Chapter 25- Christmas

Double The Trouble Chapter 25

1977

Ashton

"So Christmas." Sirius says as we all sit in front of the fireplace in the common room. There was a silence over us as we sat in our thoughts. We were supposed to go to New Orleans for the holidays but we all decided against it because of Order meetings all throughout the break.

"Yeah, Christmas." Jaden rubs her forehead. Her stomach wasn't big yet due to her only being three months.

"A happy time." James says as he stares into the fire.

"A m-magical time." Peter stutters.

"Come on, you lot. The meeting wasn't that upsetting. We need to get up and enjoy our break. Our last Christmas at school. Let's open our presents now." I jump up and run to the Christmas tree that was set up by all the seventh years. We decided as a group to set up a Christmas tree without a house elf or anyone else doing so. Everyone placed their presents under the tree yesterday, Christmas Eve, and now I've decided everyone who is here should open their gifts.

It seemed to have worked because every Gryffindor that stayed for break and Order meetings were now smiling as we all talked and opened presents together.

"This is so cute, Lily." Jaden holds up pink and blue knitted onesies.

"My mum knitted them. She was excited when I told her so she had to knit them for you. There's booties, mitts and so forth also. She was really excited." Lily smiles and we laugh.

"She did an amazing job. Please remind me to send her a thank you letter." Sirius says.

"You or me?" Jaden gives him a look.

"Me. I am capable of doing things, Jaddy." Sirius says.

"Ashton, this is beautiful." Remus smiles as he stare at the photo album that holds many pictures of him and his parents through the years.

"You never looked through the boxes of things so I did. I copied all of the pictures and put them in here. Some of them were Muggle and some weren't; Hope's touch." I say softly. He doesn't say anything as he stares at each other pictures. In the very back of the album is a picture of Remus, Hope, Lyall, and I and a picture of just them three from the past summer.

"There's space for two more pictures here." Remus says as he wipes a tear.

"This is our family with them. I thought once we have our family we can a take a picture and put it here. Then, once our child or children have children, we can take another one. Like a family tree; a continuation." I smile and he hugs me tight.

"I love it." Remus whispers in my ear.

"You two are a sore sight for the eyes. Sober up. We're going outside for a snowball fight," James teases us as everyone goes to grab their jackets and gloves. James gets serious for a second. "Are you two coming or staying here? We'll understand if you stay here."

"No. We're coming." Remus smiles and gets up. He turns to pull me up before running up with James to get their things. I go to get mine and Jaden, Lily, Alice and I run outside before the boys to start building snow forts and snowballs.

"Cheaters!" Sirius yells out and we pelt him with snowballs from behind our four forts.

"It's on!" Remus shouts and they try to assemble snowballs to throw at us. We just keep pelting them with the many snowballs we made until they quit.

"That wasn't even fair." Frank groans as we walk into the Great Hall for dinner.

"I have snow in places you shouldn't have snow." James messes with his pants but gives up after some time.