Chapter 11- Christmas

Double The Trouble Chapter 11

1975

Ashton

I sat in front of the fire in the common room and sighed as I read some letters Angel had just flown in with. One from Mother and one from my best friends.

Dear Ashton,

I hope everything is alright. I miss you and Jaden. I want you home. If I was mean and heartless, I'd say you would come home and never I back but you seem to love it there from all of your letters.

Sure. Lily and those boys can come for Christmas. I'm sure they'll like my food. Just remind them that it wouldn't feel as cold here to them.

Well, that's it. Just checking up on you. Tell Kaden and that Remus boy I said hello.

Love you,

Mom

I smiled at my mother's letter as I opened the one from my best friends.

Wassup! Yo yo yo! Hellur! How you doing!

Hey Ashton! We miss you so much and can't wait to see you for Christmas! Why didn't y'all come back for Thanksgiving? Is that not a thing in London? Well, oh well! They better make an exception for y'all! Can't wait to see you, big head! -Kennedy

Yo yo yo! It's your favorite friend! We miss you out here girl! It's not has fun without y'all. Can't wait to see you for X-mas. Then I can tell you all the gossip and drama you missed. -Love ya, Jada

Hellur! Hellur! Hellur! What's going in, Ashton? Having fun in the UK? I hope that school is really cool and fun. I want to see it one day. Anyway, see you in a few. Jada isn't your fav friend. We know -Jamie

How you doing, Ashieton? You miss us? I know. I know. You miss us as much as we miss you. Girl you shoulda seen the stuff that went down after y'all left. We gonna tell you when y'all get back. Ha ha. -Kyrun

Your friends,

Kennedy, Jada, Jamie and Kyrun.

My four best friends are really the things I miss the most from New Orleans beside my family and the warmth. I wish they could have came with me but their parents wouldn't let them. But that's okay because we write often. It still doesn't stop the hurt.

"Who's Kyrun?" Remus asked from behind me.

"Hey Remus," I kissed his cheek before sighing. "Kyrun is my guy best friend."

"Is Jamie a guy as well or?" He asked as he sat next to me.

"No she, Kennedy and Jada are girls. We've all been friends since we were about nine or ten. I miss them so much." I leaned my head against Remus' shoulder.

"Do you want to go back to school in New Orleans?" He asked softy.

"I miss everyone there but I love it here. I can't imagine not coming. I think I would have regretted not coming." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Awesome." He smiled and pulled a book out of his bag.

"You still look pale from last week. Is that normal?" I asked as I poked his face.

"Yes. It's normal. Now stop poking my face." Remus pushed my hand away as James, Peter, Sirius, Lily and Jaden came into the common room and sat next to us.

"'Ello, everyone." I smiled.

"Hey." James sighed.

"What is it?" I asked. They all looked tired.