Chapter 6- True Intentions Revealed

Double The Trouble Chapter 6

1975

Ashton

Jaden and I walked into the Quidditch patch and stared at all of it.

One whole month we've been at Hogwarts and we've loved it. Classes are easy to keep up with, along with homework. James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily and Alice are good friends of ours. I have finally become friendly toward Remus and now we're close to being BFFs. Also, Kenneth and I are doing fabulous. He's as sweet as ever.

The only problem is Jaden's visions. They've become worse since we arrived here and we don't know what to do. We told Kaden and owled Mother and Father. Our next step is Dumbledore. Hopefully they get better.

Also, the RJL person continues to send me charms for my bracelet. I have five charms now. The wolf, broomstick, broken heart, an open book and a pen. I'm guessing the book and pen are because I love to read and write. I still have no idea who RJL could be and how they know me so well, but it's kind of sweet that someone knows me this well to send me charms for a bracelet.

"Ready?" Jaden asked, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yup." I nodded. We shouldered our brooms and went into the patch where a bunch of Gryffindor boys and one other girl were surrounding a seventh year boy.

"Okay, Gryffindors! I'm Oscar Wood! I'm captain of the team. I'm only looking for two Beaters, two Chasers, a Seeker and a Keeper. That's a total of six people that will be on the team. I will have subs if needed. I'll contact you. First I want Seekers then Beaters, Chasers, and finally Keepers. Everyone in the stands. Seekers up!" The boy shouted.

James out flew all of the other boys that tried out-- mostly second and third years. Sirius was a really good Beater-- he was able to hit the Bludger farther than anyone else. Only one person could compare to him and he was a small fourth year everyone laughed at. I knew he could show them up and he did. Jaden and the only other girl at the try-outs out flew and out scored everyone on the patch.

When Jaden tried-out, a considerable amount of students-- Gryffindor or not-- were watching. All of the girls cheered for Jaden and the girl.

"Keepers, let's go!" Wood shouted from his position in the air. I mounted my broom in the stands and kicked off, not feeling like walking down all the steps.

I flew around the patch with Kenneth, the only other person trying for Keeper. He couldn't keep up with me on his Cleensweep Four. Wood had us go to either goal and he started throwing Quaffles at us. Kenneth saved eight of the ten thrown at him while I saved all ten thrown at me.

I pumped my fist in victory as I landed on the ground.

"Great job, everyone! The results will be posted on the board in the common room. Good day!" Wood shouted and everyone left.

"Well we know who's Keeper." Kenneth sighed as he caught up with me.

"You're my sub, babe." I smiled. He just shook his head.

"Let's go to Hogsmeade. We still have half a trip left." Kenneth said. I gave Jaden my broom as she passed by and followed Kenneth down the path to the all wizard village of Hogsmeade.

***

Remus

The way she flew around the patch was hypnotizing. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She looked so sure of herself as she saved the Quaffle over and over. Ashton always looked so determined to do anything. Whether it be cutting a steak at dinner or writing a two foot scroll for homework. I loved to watch her work hard yet I loved to watch her laugh freely.