Chapter 10- Moony

Double The Trouble Chapter 10

1975

Ashton

Remus has been avoiding me since 31 October. He doesn't want me to know what the wolf charm means. It's been almost a whole moth since 31 October.

"Don't be so upset, Asht." Remus whispered as we sat in the library with Lily doing homework.

"Shut it, Remus." I snapped as I looked over my Aritchmary homework.

"Remus, just tell her." Lily muttered.

"So Lily knows what my wolf charm means but I don't know?" I glared at Remus before gathering my things and leaving the library.

"Asht. Ashton, wait!" Remus shouted after me.

I kept going until I ran into a girl that looked like Sirius.

"Excuse me." I said softly.

"Watch where you're going, bloodtraitor." She snapped.

"Death Eater," I spit back and she walked away with a cackle. "These Brits are fucking crazy."

"Not all of us are crazy." James said from a tree. I hadn't even noticed that I walked outside. Sirius and James were standing in the tree as Peter sat at the base.

"Yeah," Sirius jumped from the tree in front of me. "That was my crazy ass cousin, Bellatrix Black. One of the craziest to come out of our generation of Blacks."

"Sirius is the only Black to be in Gryffindor. The lot of them have been Slytherins." James smirked.

"Disgrace I am to my family. Bloodtraitor. Disgrace to name Black. Face blasted from the family mural after I ran away to James' this summer." Sirius laughed.

"Aw, Sirius. That's aweful." I sighed.

"It's life." He shrugged.

"Did Moony tell you yet?" James asked as he jumped from the tree.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"He hasn't told you yet." Sirius smirked. James and Sirius started laughing as Peter looked uncomfortable.

"No I haven't. So shut up," Remus said behind me. "Asht, please come with me."

I turned to Remus and he looked horrible.

"Remus, you look horrible. I just saw you in the library. You look like you're about to drop." I sighed. He was a pale green and looked like he might throw up at any second.

"I'm fine. I'm always like this around this time," Remus swallowed. It looked painful. I started feeling cramps coming on. "Walk with me?"

I nodded and followed him down by the lake that was partially frozen.

"Do you feel any...pain around this time of the month?" Remus asked slowly.

"That's personal, Remus." I snapped. I had to take deep breathes to keep my mind off the cramps.

"Answer my question," He snapped then took a deep breath. "Please." His voice was softer this time.

"Yes. For the pass few months I've had serious cramps. Especially since coming to Hogwarts." I shrugged.

"And you're hurting now, correct?" Remus asked. I nodded. He gasped as his eyes started to look cloudy. "Damnit."

"Remus, what is it?" I asked as he stopped walking. I wrapped my arm around his waist as he clutched his side in pain.