“A person I know who has a good voice.” Gu Tingchuan thoughtfully stared down at the tender face of the person in his arms and said, “You should also know his name. He’s called Bo Yan.”

Yi Ran was startled. “Oh my god! Bo Yan? Of course, I know of him!”

Gu Tingchuan deliberately ignored her excited expression and calmly said, "I approached him a while ago, asking him to voice Peng Shaohui's character. But, he was also very busy and might not be able to find the time.” 

Yi Ran naturally knew of this Bo Yan, who voiced a lot of web dramas and audio works. His identity was a mystery since he would only occasionally take commercial works. Usually, he preferred to take on jobs that could be done over the internet, merely as a means of entertaining himself. Despite this, he had become something of a god in the online entertainment distribution industry. 

“I didn’t expect you to know the internet god. Who is he? Can you say?”

Seeing his little wife’s curious face, Gu Tingchuan told her, “He is He Yang’s cousin. His voice and ability would really add a lot to the later stage of the movie.”

After listening to Gu Tingchuan’s words, Yi Ran knew in her heart that, although he didn’t say it, he still wanted to make all the details in the movie perfect. She took his hand and squeezed it encouragingly. 

Gu Tingchuan understood the sentiments in her mind and the light in his eyes was somber and silent under the rain. 

Yi Ran turned her head to look at the distant horizon. Through the drizzling rain, a golden light was gradually spreading through the distant lines of mountains and forest, warming up the smile of the person by her side. 

Gu Tingchuan hugged her with one hand. Seeing the growing rain on the river, he lowered his head and said, “The rain is coming down heavier. Let’s go back.”

.....

After whittling the time together for two days, Yi Ran returned to work and zealously taught her class of children.

Moonlight’s shooting went smoothly. During this time, there happened to be an art festival at the school and, every day, Yi Ran would help Yao Juan with the class rehearsal and singing show. As a result, she was not able to visit the shooting site again.

After over a week of this, Teacher Yi really wanted to video chat with Director Gu but she knew that he wasn’t accustomed to it and likely won’t say much.

In the evening, when Gu Tingchuan called to ask if she had eaten on time, Yi Ran answered a little absently and expressed a feeling of grievance. “It’s 7 o’clock today after rehearsal. Mom and dad left on a trip, and I just cooked a little something to eat.”

The man on the other end hooked up his lips and looked at the light meal Xiao Zhao had bought. But, his appetite was not high. He asked, “Are you free now?”

Yi Ran pursed her lips, placed her feet up on the sofa, and leaned back. “What’s the matter?” 

Gu Tingchuan had remembered all the careful thoughts she had expressed to him. Naturally, when the right time came, he was determined to take action. At this moment, his elegant voice came through the speaker, “Would you like to video chat?”