Yi Jinting’s expression turned stiff, and Gu Tingchuan smiled lightly. Amused, he looked back at Yi Ran and, even though his mouth only had a slight smile, it was enough for others to see his pampering. “You're thinking too much. My only good vision is in choosing a wife.”

Yi Ran was surprised. She watched his profile for a long time without moving, her heart surging. 

Tonight, apparently Father Yi also became excited. He drank a few more glasses than usual and became drunk. As a result, he had to be helped by his wife and daughter back to the car before being returned home safely and securely. 

On the way back home, Yi Ran was tired and lay against him in the back seat of the car. Gu Tingchuan saw that her eyes were closed, her eyelashes curling softly against her cheeks, and her sleeping face looked relaxed and extremely sweet under the glow of the street lamps.

He pursed his lips and stretched out his hands to let her cling on to. 

Thinking of the topics mentioned at the dinner table, the scandals were all out of nothing. Except that, at that time, the news about Lu Keliu did have a bit of truth.

He gazed at Yi Ran for a while and felt an inexplicable and ridiculous regret. He had always rationally treated past choices as facts that had happened, but on this matter...it was impossible to change things. 

Gu Tingchuan thought that he was fortunate to have met her. This was really the luck with the smallest probability in the world. 

The heart always fell in an instant, without any notice or forewarning.

...... 

After a few days, Yi Ran’s days of peace were suddenly shattered. 

Some netizens broke the news that Gu Tingchuan, who was newly married, took two girls to a hotel and booked an overnight room. One of them was the popular actress Guo Baiyu.

That specific netizen happened to be staying at that hotel on that night and was able to take pictures of Guo Baiyu wearing a woolen hat and hurriedly leaving the room with her assistant. At the same time, he also took a picture of Director Gu talking to the manager in the lobby. 

Although the netizen hadn’t specifically linked the gossip to the subject themselves and the media hadn’t authenticated the rumors, this small post on Weibo still caught on fire.

As she looked at these pictures. Yi Ran’s first reaction was to think that it was only just Monday and this old lady unexpectedly also made it to the entertainment news. She was not prepared at all!

The second reaction was that there’s no sense of existence at all. She had merely changed her hairstyle a little and dyed her hair but why did no one recognize that she was the genuine wife and had instead been linked as a sex scandal partner with Director Gu?! 

Among the pictures posted, there was a slightly blurry picture that was secretly taken when she was rising on tiptoes to kiss Gu Tingchuan. 

The man’s tall figure had blocked some of the bright light in the background, making the whole picture look half in shadow and half in light. As a result, his slender and smooth outline seemed as if it was covered in a layer of bright starlight.