Just This Once

They never told you what the villains said.

Every time you asked, or begged them to tell you why what was said was so peculiar, or why you were in danger, their gazes averted elsewhere and they'd automatically change the subject.

"Guysssssssss! I totally deserve to knowww!" You begged the boys, but neither would give in. Bakugou gave you a scoff and Kirishima looked at you worryingly.

"We aren't telling you shit, so drop it."

   —————————~~—————————

Your little trio made their way out of the USJ, the sun blinding their exhausted, weary eyes.

Looking around at the grassy area, taking in what happened throughout the whole thing, you began to subtly take a head count—making sure everyone from class made it out alive. The only people absent were the green haired kid and Aizawa sensei, but you saw them get dragged to the infirmary on  stretchers...

As your eyes continued to scan from face to face, they found themselves particularly glued to a tall, muscular figure standing quite nonchalant
in the back—leaning themselves against the nearest wall.

The male had his arms crossed tightly across his chest, a lifeless expression formed on his straight face. His piercing eyes were pacing across the crowd almost worryingly...

Your eyes lit up at the sight of the male, immediately wanting to confess the adventures you had gone through like a child announcing their interests in insects.
"FORTY SEVEN!" You yelled, jumping up and down, waving your hand frantically in the air like a mad-man. His eyes snapped to your form the moment he heard your voice, the awkward stiffness leaving his body as he uncrossed his arms and pushed himself off the wall.
Without another word, you sprinted over to the man who was supposed to be protecting you from this damned world.

Stopping in your tracks only a foot or two away, you noticed the color of light bruising littered across his neck and face,

"Are you hurt??" You looked the male up and down, hoping that he wasn't too injured from trying to protect you.

"I'm fine." He was as cold as ever, but you trusted his answer—you couldn't smell a drop of blood on the male.

After a few moments of an almost comforting silence, the man spoke up again—his words reeling you back into the horrid reality you lived in, making you completely forget the astonished and joyous state you were once in. You suddenly forgot what made you feel so happy in the first place, What did you want to tell him again?

"Did you use it?" His eyes bore into your own, he would easily be able to tell if you lied to him, so that unfortunately wasn't an option...

You could't play dumb either, it's quite obvious what he was talking about so seriously...

The only option left was to plead he wouldn't be upset...

"I-you said I could if I had to..." your voice was soft, timid.

"Only if it was needed. If you could've handled yourself without your quirk... you know we'll both be killed." He pinched the bridge of his nose with his thumb and pointer finger in a stressed way, knowing there were going to be dreadful consequences if anyone back at the facility found out.

That's when it hit you.

The two of you had to team up this time.

"W-We could pretend this never happened... that I never used my quirk... and we never were separated today..." It seemed like a good idea, knowing that Jack would literally kill you both if he ever found out.

Surprisingly, 47's eyes lit up as he once again crossed his arms against his broad chest. With a stern gaze on you, he nodded his head at your grand idea.

"Only this once." He spoke sternly, his pupils boring into your own.

"Only this once." You repeated determinedly, happy your ass would be saved today.

   —————————~~—————————

Those who remained uninjured and mentally healthy enough to head back to the school, did.
Forty Seven and yourself had to take the bus back with the other students, while the pro-heroes took care of the police and press—both who were crowding around the building like hungry roaches.

The pair of you silently stepped onto the bus, noticing quickly that you were the last ones on the almost packed vehicle. The moment your foot touched the metal of the last step, you got the chills and felt the sudden urge to shiver... The tension in the air was thick, giving you the feeling that you were completely out of place.
Every student remained silent, only a spare few making quick glances at the two of you approaching, the others held strangled expressions as they looked down at the floors, out the windows or at their own clenched hands. Though not a word could be heard from a single soul, it looked as if many of them were holding back the strong desire to shout, scream, cry, and even argue amongst one another.

You held tightly onto the sides of your jacket, feeling their pain, knowing exactly what they were going through. You've had numerous times where you've wanted to destroy everything in your path out of pure anger or sadness, but you never did—because you were too scared. You always bottled up your feelings, making everyone believe you to be some sort of sociopath or emotionless freak—but in all reality, you were frightened of consequence.

As you walked through the skinny aisle to the back, you noticed how everyone you passed had minor cuts or bruises that could easily be taken care of. You on the other hand, were still gradually healing the odd skin that seemed to be growing on your torso and neck.

47 and yourself sat down at the back as you slowly opened the center of your jacket to reveal the injuries hiding underneath. The skin there looked almost dead, the natural pigment darkening and creating openings in your flesh every time you made any sort of movement. There was a small trail of blood trickling down to the hem of your pants, staining the black fabric and creating a dark circle.

You groaned quietly to yourself as you watched the trail of dark liquid increase the size and speed of the flow with every breath you took. Luckily, your disgruntled noise did not go unnoticed by the male next to you, who now held out a white cloth. Where he got it from is completely unknown, but for the moment you couldn't care less. This wound was being a bitch.

You thanked the dark haired male quietly and quickly applied pressure to your bleeding torso. The white fabric quickly became a dark red as the liquid flowing out of your body travelled onto the fabric. You watched with careful hands as the blood absorbed into the soft cloth, noticing 47 eyeing your concerning wound as well.

You took a deep breath and closed your eyes, seeing if your quirk could help out in any way. If it could, great—if it couldn't, that meant you were hungry—which wasn't so great, especially with around 20 people in a contained area.

You bit down on your bottom lip as you tried your best to control your powers, drops of blood staining your white canine in the process.

You felt your ghoul side taking over, the pain from your wound slowly disappearing as you felt the skin and muscles on your body mend themselves back together.