soulmate au ( angst angst )

okay dAmN this one is angstY and really challenged my vocabulary. i've never used so many complex words all at once before :P

you held in your tears as you briefly glanced at your reflection in the mirror. why did this have to happen to me? what have i done? you looked at the black hand mark covering your mouth planted on your face in disgust. you can't help but wonder whether your soulmate was a bad person? you have been bullied by your classmates for this. can life get any worse than it already is?

another horrible day at work with an awful lot of bullying and taunting. " piss off, scum. " someone snapped right as you walked through the door. you laid your head on table and tried to calm yourself down. this is nothing out of the ordinary.

you went through the day with several other mean insults being hurled at you and lots of other dirty glares given by everyone else. i'm used to this.

night shift just ended and it was already late. the sun has set and now it's nightfall. you gazed at the stars hanging on the pitch black sky. peaceful and beautiful, isn't it? sadly that's not how life is.

just as you were walking home, someone came up behind you and started choking you. you tried to pull their hands off from your neck while desperately gasping for air. i can't breathe.

"l-let me go!" you managed to gag out, still struggling beneath their grasp. is this when i die? my life has been a series of unfortunate events, i really, really don't mind. however, you weren't going to stop fighting until the end. "never stop fighting.. " you recited mother and father's words.

as you continued struggling, you managed to hit his eye, earning you just a little time to run. you desperately ran, as far as you could away from this tedious place. not long later, a hand covered your mouth and pulled you into a corner. "shh, i'm your colleague. i mean no harm, i'm here to help you."
b
you were still cautious of this person but relaxed just a little. you held onto his wrist and took it off of your face as it was getting stuffy and hard to breathe. you turned around and had a great look of the person who claimed to be helping you. true enough, he was indeed your colleague as he was wearing your company's logo. he was your senior so you didn't know him personally, but reckoned that you probably owed him a thanks.

you opened your mouth to thank him but just then, someone's fist flew across the air and landed on your face. "you dare defy me?" you held on your face where he punched you. it hurts a lot. a few tears slipped down your face as you clenched your teeth. you watched akaashi and the man as they fought relentlessly. somebody please help.

soon, blood oozed out and was staining the ground crimson red. what happened? both akaashi and the man fell. akaashi on his knees while the man dead flat. just then, a bright light shone in your faces. it was the police.

the light allowed you to see and fully process what was happening. akaashi was holding onto a glass bottle from the floor and smashed it on the man's head to save you, yet he's getting handcuffed by the police for vindictive violence.

he smiled sadly at you and mouthed a few words which caused your eyes to widen and heart to shatter into millions of pieces. if only i hadn't been a burden and dragged him into this mess...

"n-no... NO!" you shouted as they were taking akaashi away. you scrambled on your feet and started limping towards them. " he was protecting me, he did nothing wrong. NOTHING!"

police officers started pulling you away from him and tried to bring you to 'somewhere safe.' you struggled to stand as tears poured down your face.
" he's dangerous and you should stay away from
him," claimed the police officers. what do you know?

you dropped onto the floor, watching the car drive away until it couldn't be seen anymore. you looked at your reflection in the glass bottle akaashi was using to protect you. his words were true...

"c'mon miss, let's get you to somewhere sa-"
"FUCK OFF!" you shrieked as you started wiping your tears which fell endlessly. they didn't question you and walked away, leaving you alone.

why didn't i fucking notice, damn it. i'm so imbecilic. if i had noticed, there wasn't a guarantee that things wouldn't have turned out this way, but there was still a chance. maybe i could've said something to stop him, or let him know how much i appreciated him.

two days later...

"hey have you heard of the fight at the alley?"
"dang, that was some vengeful shit."
"i heard that a man suffered severe damage after a hit to the brain and eventually died."
"that's harsh.. what happened to the other guy?"
" he was sentenced to death for murder."

he's dead. akaashi is dead. we didn't even get to say goodbye, do affectionate things every other normal couples did, or even have a start to our relationship.
we never really talked in the office, given that he was extremely diligent, of a higher ranking and in a different room.

wherever you go, that's all you'll hear about. the incident that happened two fateful night ago. when my life got even worse than i thought it could have.

i shut my eyes as i felt the gentle breeze and warm sunlight hitting my skin. i took a deep breath and tucked my hair behind my ear.

you know what.. akaashi?

i took a step.

i have something to tell you too.

i leaped off the rooftop.

i'd do anything for you too, soulmate.

we'll be together again. wait for me, dear akaashi.

i'm really contented with this one :")

here's the double update in a day i promised hehe hope i made it up to you guys 🥺🥺

SORRY FOR THE F WORD IM SO SORRY I REALLY DIDNT WANT TO TYPE IT EITHER OMG 😭😭😭 and damn shiT this is so sad :(

happy reading !!
- mirai