soulmate au

i'm a sucker for these 🥴🥴 here goes ;)

you traced over the name akaashi keiji written in cursive on your wrist. you were sociable and loved by everybody so you pretty much knew everyone and none of them goes by the name akaashi keiji. tragic. you did everything you could to try and find your soulmate.

soulmates were a popular topic. you've seen people who found their soulmates brag about how nice it was, how cute they looked together or how they've never been happier. you were pretty jealous and desperately wanted to find your soulmate.

you went around asking if they knew of an akaashi keiji, if their friends' friend knew an akaashi keiji, hunt down everyone with the name akaashi keiji on every social media platform you had or eavesdropping strangers because you were just nosy- just in case akaashi was either one of them.

" ( name ) channnnn! "

" yes, hinata kun? can i help you? "

" ( name ) chann if i recall properly you don't have a club yet right? how about becoming the manager of the boys' volleyball team? "

" ehh.. sure i guess? "

i mean, how hard can it be right? just watch them. so you followed hinata to the gymnasium after school to watch them practice. everyone introduced themselves ( i'm sorry i'm really lazy LOL ) and you learnt that they'll be going on a volleyball camp soon. nishinoya and tanaka were in a really good mood and praising hinata for finding " a cute one. "

you learnt a little more about volleyball from
the coach, hinata and shimizu san. you also
became pretty close to hinata. you started writing
down notes on volleyball and also facts about the members, like their strengths and weaknesses.
you wanted to become a reliable and helpful manager to them.

today's the day of the volleyball camp.

" no fair, hinata! why do you get to sit with ( name ) chan?! "

" that's because we're friends and i convinced her to become our manager. " he stressed on the i.

tanaka and nishinoya were sulking. they decided to sit behind you and hinata to make sure he doesn't do anything " funny. " the car ride was pretty long. since hinata was constantly arguing with kageyama, you plugged in your earpiece and looked at the scenery outside. you fell asleep against the window after awhile.

" look at ( name ) chan sleeping. aren't we lucky? "

" this is a sight only real men will appreciate. we're men, noya san. "

" yes, ryu. you're right. "

you woke up to the sound of shimizu san smacking the top of tanaka and nishinoya's head, asking them to leave you alone and not scare you away. you were not surprised to see them crying tears of happiness because shimizu made " indirect contact " with them. well, aren't they something?

you were walking with your head down while studying looking at the school's karasuno was up against, both yours and their timetable and what you and the other managers had to cook.

you bumped into someone. better apologise!

" ahh.. i'm sorry! i wasn't paying attention to where i was going. "

both you and that person bend down to pick up your notebook which had dropped on the floor. you managed to take the notebook before the other person does. he held on your wrist.