red string of fate ( important!! )

hi guys i don't know how you feel but i'm starting to dislike this book... ('°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥)

answer the question at the end of the story hehe it'll be appreciated okie lmk! :)

your pov

the red string of fate. it's said to be tied to two people's pinky. the person whose string intertwined with yours is said to be your soulmate, that you're bounded by fate. i can see that string.

i've tried pulling and following it, but it doesn't work that way. there are objects obstructing your way and since nobody else can see that string, i just look like a weirdo tugging at the air. what are the chances of meeting my soulmate anyway? despite being able to see the string, i've given up on that hope.

it was a chilly and snowy night. my grip on my heat pack tightened as i shivered. the red light turned green and everyone was pushing around, trying to cross the road. i was getting annoyed and tried to cross as fast as i could you avoid getting squished.

as i manoeuvred through the crowd, i caught a glimpse of something. at that moment, i could've sworn i saw somebody's string interlock with mine. my head whipped back, desperately trying to search for him. "move it, will you?!" i only got pushed around, roughly, at that. i definitely lose my soulmate in the crowd. it was inevitable, it was like finding a needle in a haystack. if it's truly meant to be, fate will find its way to get us together. with that, i continued moving forward.

my mind was preoccupied with my thoughts and my soulmate, namely what happened just now. my mind could've deceived me. i have given up on hope already, haven't i? so why? why was i hoping that we met just now my and we definitely will again?

i walked around mindlessly until i reached a cafe. i ordered a hot cocoa and decided to walk around a little more before heading home. i strolled through the park which was eerily empty. it was also getting colder by the night and i was finishing my cocoa. i should get back home, where it's warm and cozy.

it was midnight by now and streets have gotten void with minimal people here and there. i trudged down the road once the light flashed bright green. i saw it again, the string on my pinky being connected to someone else's. i spun around and he did too. just us two, in the middle of the road.

i fiddled with my fingers, unsure of what to say. i can't tell him i can see those strings. who'd believe such a bizarre thing? i took this time to take in his feature and etch in my mind instead. black hair, bluish green eyes, tall and visible muscles. he bit his lips and sheepishly turned around. he continued walking towards the direction heading to the park and i did too, in the opposite direction.

if it was meant to be, it will come back to you. i smiled and headed home, with this thought in my head. they say third time's a charm. i look forward to our next encounter, soulmate. until then, stay well.

akaashi's pov

why did i look back? i don't know, but i sensed an indescribable strong feeling, like something was essential, that i really needed it. i saw a girl standing there, not quite like anything i've ever laid my eyes on. feeling embarrassed, i continued making my way back to my house.

my heart disagreed with my mind and insisted on staying. it insisted that i made a move. i feel like she was a very important person in my life, that i can't let her go or i'd regret this forever. screw it, i ran after her. i'd rather embarrass myself than regret this chance i have right now.

"hey," i panted, "we uh- we've met before, haven't we?" my voice came out confident yet mixed with a bit of uncertainty. what if i'm just being delusional? what if it's all in my head, the feelings and all.

she smiled sweetly, "i believe we have." with that, she left. i reached out my hand but retreated it back slowly. that's right.. it'll be weird for us to just exchange numbers, date and live happily ever after. that'd be a fantasy and unrealistic. i clenched my first and watched her walk out of my reach.

the light turned green again and i reluctantly made my way across the street. she already disappeared by the time safely i made it to the other side.

i looked up to the dimly lit moon and "talked" to it.
"if you love someone, let them go. if they come back to you, it was meant to be, if they don't, it was never meant for you." we will definitely find our way back to each other, i trust our fate. i promise we'll see each other again, when the time is right.

heehee i've tried three new things :
1) first person pov
2) a pov from akaashi
3) a bittersweet ending

let me know if you like it yeahh and i'll try to write it more often :)

anyway logarithm is such a bi t c h >:(
but i love polynomial and binomial theorem

i'm struggling with school so updates will vary okie i'm so sorry :( i promise i'm trying my best! but thank you readers xx

happy reading!!
- mirai <3