Chapter 103

"Can you stand?" Zhong Zheng Ming looked at the woman who was draped over him while clutching his front lapels and asked softly.

Mu Xi Yao wanted to die from embarrassment. When she thought about the complexion of Zhong Zheng Lin behind her, her hair stood on end.

"Not letting go of him?" Zhong Zheng Lin grabbed her left shoulder. His tone was not good.

"The leg cramps..." unfortunately caused her an embarrassment at this time. Mu Xi Yao's face turned red. Her voice was as weak as a mosquito.

Zhong Zheng Lin stared at the back of her head that was hung down and nodded to Zhong Zheng Ming. Subsequently, he picked the person up into his arms. After excusing themselves, he carried Mu Xi Yao and headed to the side room in the east wing.

Sir Mu and lady Yu were so scared by Mu Xi Yao their hearts trembled with fear. Even now, the mere thought stroke terror in them.

"My lord, how come this child is this negligent? She's in her eighth-month pregnancy, after all. If anything was to happen to her, it would be fatal!" There was an old saying that said the seven will live and the eight will die. The scare made lady Yu break into cold sweat. She looked at sir Mu and complained to him about how worrisome was his daughter.

Although Mu Jing Zheng was usually a bit strait-laced person, he doted greatly on this younger daughter of his. He was already frightened by the earlier scene. Yet, his spouse was secretly blaming him right now for indulging their girl and not disciplining her properly. Sir Mu helplessly shook his head. It was clearly a fault indulged by womenfolk.

Zhong Zheng Ming stood in the pavilion with hands crossed behind his back, watching the two depart. Afterward, he sat back to appease the two elders and speak good things on behalf of Mu Xi Yao.

"The sister-in-law had a leg cramp and was unable to stand. It can't be blamed on her." The sweet scent on the woman's body just now....Zhong Zheng Lin recalled with a slight nostalgy.

He called to mind the complete trust she displayed when she gripped tightly his front pieces. It should have been directed to the sixth, shouldn't it? Otherwise, she wouldn't be so embarrassed.

Mu Xi Ting couldn't hear anything. Her mind was filled only with the silhouette of his Highness getting up quickly and the never seen tenderness in his eyes when he shielded Mu Xi Yao. As it turns out, all the gentleness he usually showed was merely an appeasement. It couldn't compare to that brief moment of panic.

"Why don't you say you've burnt your hand?" Zhong Zheng Ming held her right hand and inspected the red and swollen flesh.

Did she hurt her hand? Mu Xi Ting looked at the soup bowl on the table that was knocked over. She remained silent and drooped her head.

The soup wasn't hers but his Highness's who was next to her. At that time, his Highness has dashed out without any care. She didn't hurt. No matter how her hand hurt, it couldn't compare to her heartache.

——

Mu Xi Yao was curled up in Zhong Zheng Lin' arms. She rubbed softly her cheeks against his chest, pouting coquettishly.

Darn. How long do you plan to be angry, boss? Give her a precise time so that she could take a rest.

When Zhong Zheng Lin recalled Zhong Zheng Ming's unconcealed concern, his eyes turned into a frost. Having an idea about his woman in front of him?

He turned to look at Mu Xi Yao's aggrieved expression. He was unable to contain his anger. She even thinks that she's been wronged.

At the critical moment, this woman has thrown herself into the arms of another man. He was obviously at the side, yet she has completely ignored him. And now, she had the nerve to play pitiful?