Chapter 86

Duke of An Guo looked at Zhong Zheng Chun with an ashen face. No matter how he kept appeasing him, it was all to no avail.

The fact that Yuancheng Emperor had taken back Zhong Zheng Chun's military power posed a major concern for them! The war in Mobei will break out soon. Being transferred to the Ministry of Rites at this critical juncture meant his road to the elevation of prince's ranks will be completely cut off. It will be difficult if he wished to reassume the office with military merits in the future.

Fortunately, the crown prince was also banished to compile a scripture. It could be considered as fortune out of misfortune. Three volumes of 《Buddhist Canon》can at least put the crown prince off for two years. It will be as hard as to climb up to the sky if he wants to free himself ahead of time. Moreover, that group of stubborn pedants in Hanlin Academy were accustomed to hold themselves aloof. They acknowledge no one's superiority. Since Yuancheng Emperor had banished the crown prince to Hanlin Academy, he was obviously infuriated at the crown prince and wished to polish his temper.

"Did you participate in the metropolitan civil service examination fraud?"

"Grandfather, is bendian someone who is unable to weigh up the matter carefully?! Evidently, it was someone's set-up, wishing to doom bendian to death!

"Is Chen De Zhi not your person?"

"This...." Zhong Zheng Chun was at a loss for words.

"Even an advisor who has stayed at your residence for nearly a decade might have been possible manipulated by people?" Duke of An Guo was utterly disappointed in Zhong Zheng Chun.

"The mere crown prince doesn't have that capability. Although the crown prince holds a great responsibility, the culprit is the talented person behind him. The exquisite layout of this chess game and the way how deep were concealed the chess pieces, not to mention you, even this old man would hardly escape."

Duke of An Guo's brows knitted tightly. He slowly gyrated the two jade beads from South Sea in his left hand. Among the imperial princes, the only one who had such wisdom and resourcefulness was no one else than the sixth prince Zhong Zheng Lin. However, just how old was Zhong Zheng Lin a decade ago? This kind of theory was too far-fetched. Could it have been the fifth prince Zhong Zheng Ming? However, Zhong Zheng Ming himself also had been implicated in the fraud case. Don't tell him it was to fool people?

The more Duke of An Guo thought the more he felt something fishy was going on. This matter was indeed confusing.

"Since going the orthodox way is impossible now and you cannot rely on outstanding talents to impress his Majesty, you can only make everyone unable to distinguish themselves."

"Grandfather means...."

"Going to war is not only about achievements."

—–

In the fifth prince's residence, the fifth princess consort's face was filled with anxiety. She looked coweringly at Zhong Zheng Ming's constantly changing expression.

"Did bendian instruct you or not to constrain that good for nothing brother of yours in recent time?"

"Your Highness, qie.......qie has already sent message. However, ......."

"From now on, take proper rest. All the affairs in the prince's residence will be handed over to Mo cefei to take care of."

When the fifth princess consort heard that Zhong Zheng Lin stripped her of authority over the governance of the household, her complexion immediately turned as pale as death. Her body was on the verge of collapsing.