Chapter 33

Mu Xi Yao was sitting and talking to Mo Lan when she saw a disheveled looking woman efficiently kneel in front of them kowtowing abruptly, ceaseless pleads coming out from her mouth.

"Please save me, miss. There are heinous people who forcefully steal women from common families in the broad daylight. The government officials have actually turned blind eye to it and drove me away from the yamen. I beg the miss for a little shelter." The woman continued to kowtow, her forehead already started to bleed.

This woman was very perceptive. She has directly discarded Zhong Zheng Lin at the side who could be evidently identified as their leader and chose Mu Xi Yao who was accompanying him. Firstly, seeing that she was a woman, women, in general, were likely to go soft. Secondly, it was to avoid misunderstandings and evoke a disdain in Mu Xi Yao.

Mu Xi Yao lowered her head and pondered a little, after which she understood the woman's purpose. Seeing that Zhong Zheng Lin was sipping the tea, she had Hui Lan help her stand up and retreat to the side. She, on the other hand, fanned herself with a circular fan and waited for the pursuers at the back to arrive.

After only a moment, two men bringing along with them seven-eight attenders rushed over. The group of people aggressively entered inside while making a ruckus. The younger gentleman had a neat appearance but his expression was cold and gloomy. The middle-aged man, a half step behind him, had a face that gleed with oil. The herd at their back all had fierce expressions. They were obviously henchmen.

"Just run, you little wrench. Let's see where you can run! What a tactless thing. The noble in the capital has taken a fancy to you. It's the blessing cultivated by your eight lifetimes. Now, immediately go back with us. Otherwise, if that little brother of yours in the academy were to miss an arm or lose a leg, even if you want to cry at that time you wouldn't have a place to." The middle-aged man yelled with no regards to others. Subsequently, he turned his head to fiercely warn Mu Xi Yao and the party, "This little lady better not meddle in other people's business, to avoid incurring misfortune." He has discerned that Zhong Zheng Lin who was sitting was not somebody to be trifled with, thus he turned to aim his words at Mu Xi Yao, indirectly stating his attitude.

"Oh?" Mu Xi Yao raised her brow. "There is only a number of people in Shengjin that I cannot provoke. Who do you think you are?" Her attitude was extremely arrogant. She kept playing with the ink fan, giving him no glance.

"Wasn't it said that everything has been properly organized for the journey? If so, where did these blind dirty dogs come from?" Mu Xi Yao rolled her wrist and then stretched her hand to closely observe the nail guard that was just recently painted. Her tone was completely disgusted and impatient, carrying a strong contempt in it.

"Miss, this servant will immediately call people to drive them away." Mo Lan was very clever. She followed Mu Xi Yao's meaning and played along with her, acting emboldened and arrogantly as if her eyes were grown on top of her head, just like how Mu Xi Yao was.

"You hussies who don't know the immensity of heaven and earth. Do you know who am I? This Lincheng has no place for ignorant women to act impudently." The young gentleman stared at Mu Xi Yao darkly.

In an instant, a loud "bang" sound that has frightened everyone resonated inside the inn.

When Mu Xi Yao put on a play, it was a whole package. After being insulted by that gentleman, she still sat there without a care. In passing, she grabbed a pot that contained cold water and expressionlessly smashed it over. Her expression was ice-cold, tone soft, the circular fan in her hand did not stop its movement, yet the words coming out from her mouth was exceptionally fiery.

"Have them beaten severely! If today we lost face, how can we, Zhou clan, run tasks for his Highness? My elder sister will be a laughing stock in his Highness's inner yard."