Chapter 84

"Mistress, just now chief steward came to announce that his Highness had been urgently summoned to the East Palace by the crown prince. He asks you to go back to the parental house first. His Highness will come later." The chief maidservant Gui Li replied carefully.

"Tell people to make preparation. We'll set off immediately." He Lian Min Min straightened the dangling hairpin on her head while ordering with a low voice.

His Highness had three days off after the grand wedding. Yet, the crown prince specially picked this day to call the person?

—–

"What do you think, sixth brother?" The crown prince was attired in the bright-yellow brocade gown, an unconcealed smugness engaged his face.

Zhong Zheng Lin looked at the content of the memorial before him, his expression serious. The crown prince actually wanted to meddle in this matter?!

"Second brother, this would be inappropriate. The war in Movie is within sight. It's not sensible to push waves at such time.."

The crown prince was in high spirit right now. Zhong Zheng Lin's remarks made his face turn cold.

"This matter concerns the foundation of Great Wei's ruling. How can it be put off and concealed? Could it be the sixth brother thinks civil officials are inferior to military officials?"

Zhong Zheng Lin frowned, "This matter can be postponed."

The crown prince's complexion became completely gloomy. They, indeed, weren't of one mind. Previously, he still could use him as his tool. Now, he had the impertinence to openly go against his orders, "That being the case, I won't bother sixth brother with this matter."

He ordered people to send Zhong Zheng Lin out of the estate. However, he suddenly smiled and patted him on the shoulder, "The second brother hasn't yet properly congratulated you on your grand wedding. When you get free time, second brother will visit you and have a few drinks with you."

"This subject brother is greatly honored."

Zhong Zheng Lin softly shut his eyes inside the prince's carriage. His lips curled up into a smile. This move of the crown prince was really unexpected. He had saved him a lot of works. Since someone was rushing to take this job, he should get out as early as possible.

"Ye Kai, head to the He Lian House."

"Yes, your Highness."

—–

Inside the He Lian House, lady He Lian looked at her daughter's glowing face filled with smiles. At last, she could be at ease.

"Since his Highness is considerate toward you, be sure to remember that heirs come first. You mustn't act on a moment of anger and spoil the overall situation."

"Madam, princess consort, his sixth Highness arrived. Sir asks you to go over and greet him." Outside the door, a manservant hastily came to report.

Lady He Lian was quite gratified that Zhong Zheng Lin came on time in spite of being called away by the crown prince. At least, it's apparent his Highness was satisfied with He Lian Min Min.

Inside the carriage that was heading back, Liu Qing hesitated for quite a while before speaking out, "Mistress, why didn't you tell madam about your hardship in the residence? Since madam is able to govern He Lian House neatly, she will surely be able to help you out."

A complicated expression appeared on He Lian Min Min's face. After a long time, she sighed, "He Lian House is a century-old nobility. What they valued the most was never any particular daughter. It was the one who was most useful to them. Don't forget, there's far more than one miss of He Lian House."