Chapter 23

Mu Xi Yao had fun and also was a little tired. She freshened herself early on and lay on the bed, recalling today's events.

She was truly helpless about Zhong Zheng Lin's ambush today. What she did not know was that originally Zhong Zheng Lin planned to intercept her midway and then by using his identity of the prince bring her into Shengjin's academy. Since she wanted to join the fun, Zhong Zheng Lin naturally had to put the person under his eyes to guard her. This way, not only would he be able to learn about her new tricks but also avoid her blunder of snatching other person's name card. But who would have known that Mu Xi Yao would be unwilling to be lectured by Zhong Zheng Lin and overplay with fire? Afterward, neither one of them could go to the academy, thus they could only drop the idea.

Although Mu Xi Yao's body was in the courtyard, her mind was already elsewhere. Ten Gentlemen's feast, Mu Xi Yao had big plans. It was not only for Zhong Zheng Lin's prospects but also for the prosperity of Mu House in Qingzhou.

If nothing went wrong, two years later Yuencheng Emperor will command first prince Zhong Zheng Chun to lead troops and march northward to end the chaos in Mobei that has lasted for a decade. The Mobei war went on for two and half years until, in the sixteenth year of Zhanghe, a truce was reached and the troops were pulled back. After the war, Mobei's imperial court promised to withdraw from Jing, Yun, Mu three provinces and also that they won't invade the borders within the hundred years. Many of Yuancheng Emperor's later famous generals has distinguished themselves during this military campaign.

The most famous among them were only twenty-four year old, yet being already bestowed secondary class first rank, Tingwei general Yuan Qi Zhao and only twenty-two years old Ye Huai Wen with a standard class second rank vice commander-in-chief post. The two were equally invincible in their military accomplishments as they triumphed in every battle. However, their style in deploying the troops and soldiers' formation strategy was completely different. The former charged from the front and was known to have a matchless war formation while the latter became notorious for scheming from behind and employing the principle of deception in his warfare.

In addition, the two of them have not only emerged as dark horses in the war against Mobei, they have also demonstrated extraordinary skills in their expedition to the West during Zhong Zheng Lin's first year of reign, gaining the reputation of "Great Wei's double glory". Henceforth, there was a high probability that these two came out from this season's Ten Gentlemen's feast! Besides, Mu Xi Yao's elder brother Mu Jin Zhi will certainly take part in Mobei war. If one did not plan ahead how was one to gain even more benefits?

Unfortunately, she had already missed the opportunity of Ten Gentlemen's fest, losing the possibility of getting acquainted with them in the private. Now, she could only have Zhao Qing scout out the news and then make plans later.

On the following day, when Zhao Qing listened to Mu Xi Yao's errand and it was again related to that Ten Gentlemen something, his head started to hurt. He only felt that his Highness has relaxed too early yesterday.

"There's an inside story. You just have to clarify the details about Ten Gentlemen. Bear in mind to not reveal your identity." Mu Xi Yao very solemnly instructed.

Looking at miss's expression which was unlike her usual self, he knew that this matter was different. The last time when miss took such great pains was to scheme against those several exceptionally powerful personages. This time, he wondered, who were those ones, that despite his Highness's obstruction, still made miss take the risks and carry out her plans? Zhao Qing was a little bit eager to find out.

Three days later, Zhao Qing brought back the news. The more Mu Xi Yao read the more excited she became. Yuan Qi Zhao, Ye Huai Wen and He Ran were all in the list, plus there was Gong Shu Yang! This Gong Shu Yang was indeed outstanding. He was actually the chief of this season's Ten Gentlemen's feast. Just one thing proved this person's talent. Gong Shu Yang was a standard class first rank grand secretary during Zhong Zheng Lin's middle reign! How could she let go of such an able person and fine jade?