Chapter 54

Chapter 54

Since the two have returned to the palace from the villa, as if in tacit understanding, they haven't mentioned what had happened. Like everything was the same and nothing has changed.

Few days later, Zhong Zheng Lin and Di Wu Yi Zhao had a secret discussion. A memorial requesting Ministry of War to assist in direct handling of the military training of the capital's barrack in Shengjin was sent. Yuancheng Emperor was preparing to use troops in Mobei but lacked a competent helping hand. Thus, when he looked at Zhong Zheng Lin's memorial, he immediately granted the request.

Zhong Zheng Lin stepped into Danruo courtyard. From afar, he could see the candlelight in the house. His heart felt soft.

Although that woman shunned his forceful pushing, she used another way to achieve mutual candidness.

Seeing Zhong Zheng Lin entering, Mu Xi Yao got up and went over to take his coat, which she then handed over to Mo Lan. Afterward, she served him hot tea. Beaming with smiles, she sat down and watched him taste tea as if the previous alienation and strife between the two never existed.

Zhong Zheng Lin has already found the difference. Mu Xi Yao was too lazy to conceal it. She might as well take on a "just let it be" kind of attitude. Zhong Zheng Lin actually enjoyed such attitude of hers.

"Your Highness, coming to Danruo courtyard at this time, is there any important matter?" Zhong Zheng Lin should be at the study right now.

His phoenix eyes glanced at her beautiful misty eyes. Zhong Zheng Lin, as if inadvertently, rubbed the teacup in his hand, "Bendian will go to a military camp for a period of time. If something happens during the time, just call Tian Fu Shan. If you're unable to make a decision, go to the palace to seek mother consort's help."

Hearing that Zhong Zheng Lin was going to barrack, Mu Xi Yao knew then what was going on. After a little thinking, she lowered her head to gently caress her round belly. Subsequently, she looked up at him, "When she is going to be born, will your Highness return to the palace?"

"Bendian will certainly hurry back. Needless to worry. Bear in mind to take care of yourself." Zhong Zheng Lin went over to take the person to his arms, his big hand covered her small one.

Mu Xi Yao looked back at the man's solemn face. She smiled sweetly, "Good. Qie and she will wait for your Highness."

Zhong Zheng Lin hugged Mu Xi Yao and watched her orderly commanding servant girls to pack up clothes, emergency medicines for injuries, gloves, knee pads and other things for his traveling. Zhong Zheng Lin felt very happy inside.

His phoenix eyes shifted a little to look at the woman in his arms with bulging belly who took care and arranged things for him. He felt both tenderness and regret in the heart.

She did everything she was obliged to do as cefei, yet she refused to respond to his feelings. Perhaps she did, but it was only a supplementary to cefei's rank. It wasn't whole-hearted, without reservation.

Zhong Zheng Lin's sight stopped at Mu Xi Yao's side profile. He watched her cheeks redden, dodging his line of sight out of embarrassment and anger.

When everything was properly packed, Zhong Zheng Lin took her hand and together they went back to the room.

Mu Xi Yao was pregnant, thus she was prone to sleepiness. After just a mere few words, she fell into a sweet dream while in the man's embrace.

Holding a delicate softness in the arms, Zhong Zheng Lin only felt that Mu Xi Yao being pregnant was truly torture, making him abstain for several months. He only quietly stroked her waterfall like black hair. Then, he leaned over to steal a kiss from her.