Chapter 56

Chapter 56

Zhong Zheng Lin has been anxiously waiting outside. The painful cries of Mu Xi Yao rang in his ears for already two hours. Just as he was about to let the imperial physician think of a way to help her in childbirth, he suddenly heard a disruption and miscellaneous noises coming from the inside, mixed with the little woman's vigorous and furious berating.

Immediately, Zhong Zheng Lin raised the hem of his robe and stepped forward, about to go in and see the bottom of the matter. How dare they! Could it be that some servant didn't attend properly and made the little woman angry at such a critical moment?

The chief steward, seeing that his Highness was going to lift the curtain and burst in, hastily rushed to stop him, kept saying that he mustn't do so.

Zhong Zheng Lin was impatient. As he was about to push the person away, he saw a momo whose forehead was drenched with sweat rush out, updating him quickly about Mu cefei's situation.

Learning that there was no incident inside, just that the little woman lost her temper and delayed childbirth, Zhong Zheng Lin was so angry his chest rose and fell quickly. He slammed his fist down on the table at the side, making the teacup on it bounce as a result.

The sixth Highness was overcome with fury. He has clearly instructed her gently, yet she has, in a blink of an eye, forgot about it completely.

Since appeasing was useless, he narrowed his eyes, he might as well change a method. He indeed cannot be lenient in handling Mu Xi Yao this woman.

The man's clear and firm voice sounded. He warned sternly the one inside, "Cefei of Mu House. If you dare to make a fuss again, you shall be put under house arrest for half a year after the childbirth. Touring the lake in suburbs of the capital will be canceled!"

Zhong Zheng Lin was very firm in his decision this time. He used her most disdained house arrest and the recreation she longed for a long time to threaten her.

Zhong Zheng Lin was too angered. He had never heard of any child birthing woman act this way, that he had to rely on threats to make her do what she's told.

After a moment of silence, a woman's penetrating yell rang from the inside, "Zhong Zheng Lin, you jerk!" Her voice was full of vigor and very steady.

Subsequently, she has, to one's surprise, calmed down. Evidently, the previous warning took effect.

Seeing that Mu Xi Yao was put under a control, Zhong Zheng Lin secretly let out a sigh of relief.

Women giving birth was like crossing the gates of Hell. There was no room for her to being difficult. Nowadays, he kind of understood a bit better the way how to handle her. One could only suppress that woman's temper. Otherwise, she would climb all over you.

As for that "jerk"? The corners of Zhong Zheng Lin's mouth hooked up. He snorted softly. He had more scores to settle with her! On the contrary, he didn't feel unwell with the fact that Mu Xi Yao has committed a taboo by calling his name. His expression remained unreadable.

The two crossed swords without the care of the people around who were scared to death by them.

Outside, the imperial physician's sweat poured down like a rain. In his ear still echoed cefei's "jerk". He stood there with a blank expression, obviously being terrified to the extreme.

This sixth Highness's estate was just too frightening. Cefei was so shrewish, yet his Highness was no better.

It was the most common childbearing. Even so, they still went through numerous twists and turns, scaring people till their hearts trembled. The many offenses and taboos in those words, it was unusual that his Highness didn't flare out on the spot.