Chapter 8

Mu Xi Yao has wrongly predicted the date of Zhong Zheng Lin's arrival to Qingzhou. Instead of coming to Qingzhou after the New Year festival, he came two days earlier to pay a formal visit to Di Wu Yi Zhao. Mu Xi Yao was quite curious if there will be three humble visits to a thatched cottage kind of incident.

On the afternoon of the next day, Mu Xi Yao received a farewell letter from Di Wu Yu Ying in which she said that she will be returning home with Di Wu Yi Zhao, ending this family outing. As a result, Mu Xi Yao figured that this matter was done.

After Di Wu Yi Zhao returns home and settles everything, the next time he receives a letter, it would be from the capital.

The New Year festival was approaching. Mu Xi Yao held this family reunion in a high regard as this was supposed to be her last time enjoying New Year with her family. What was awaiting her shortly afterward were the news of the imperial edict that Yuancheng emperor had issued.

Therefore, when Mu Jin Zhi managed to make it back to the prefect's residence on the New Year's Eve, he received a welcoming from Mu Xi Yao that was warmer than ever before. It made him feel very uneasy. He worried that Mu Xi Yao had either caused some mischief or that he was about to become her scapegoat.

After the whole family spent a harmonious and delightful New Year, Mu Xi Yao reluctantly sends Mu Jing Zhi off. The youth in front of her was high-spirited. He suavely climbed up the horse and turned his head to give her a hearty and warm smile. Afterward, he kicked his horse and left.

Mu Xi Yao's eyes unconsciously moistened with tears but she held them in check. She turned around to return back. There was no much time left. There were still too many things needed for her to prepare.

Zhong Zheng Lin was sitting by the window on the second floor of Juxian House and looking at the lively crowd on the street. Abruptly, he has recalled that late autumn evening last year. Till now he wasn't able to forget about that warm and sweet girl's voice and that fair hand of hers that had put down the curtain of the palanquin.

This evening the notoriously upright and stern sixth prince of Great Wei experienced for the first time in his life an awkward moment. The caress of a little hand and soft moans of a faceless woman in his dream actually made him release his pent-up lust. When he got up early in the morning, he still vaguely remembered that dream. Zhong Zheng Lin's expression turned ugly. When he sat up and pulled the blanket off, sure enough, underneath was a complete mess.

The sound of Wei Zhen's knocking on the door could be heard from outside, "Your Highness, did you get up?"

"Send me immediately a bucket of hot water, afterward retreat." Zhong Zheng Lin commanded with a deep voice.

This content belongs to thehlifestyle.com, if you see this translation elsewhere, it's been stolen! May ill omen (like stepping every day on dog poo, losing a wallet every time one goes out, choking by mere water and forever staying as a lonely dog) befall those content stealing jerks.

If possible, please support the original translators by reading the translations from the original source. Thanks

After freshening up, Zhong Zheng Lin sat expressionlessly and quietly on the couch bed looking distracted. His mood was hard to figure.

Never before has Zhong Zheng Lin, who was indifferent and well-mannered at all times, felt such an embarrassment. Besides, it was already the second time an image of that girl flashed through his mind. Graceful and lithe silhouette, delicate fair hands and a warm and soft voice. The more he thought the graver his face turned. Zhong Zheng Lin wasn't someone to succumb to womanly charms. The two concubines in his inner yard absolutely couldn't rouse his interest. He was reluctant even to visit them.