Chapter 49

Chapter 49

When Mu Xi Yao arrived to the front with her people, she discovered that Zhong Zheng Lin was already waiting in the courtyard. He was attired in the blue-green gown, handsomely standing there, his prominently defined side profile cold and solemn.

Such a man, with status, power, and looks. It was no wonder that people would have ideas about him. Mu Xi Yao curled her lips.

"Your Highness," she slowly walked toward him. While watching the man soften his expression, Mu Xi Yao opened her mouth to verify Tang Hui Ru's claims.

"On the night of the twenty-ninth, your Highness didn't return back to the chamber. Have you encountered that Tang Hui Ru or seen her body?"

Momo said that Tang sisters were carried back to the house. Afterward, the imperial physician came to make diagnosis. It was impossible for them to come into contact. So, it was before that?

Mu Xi Yao thought of the classical scene between a sister-in-law and older sister's husband. Her heart trembled.

Wei Zhen originally stood at the side. Hearing cefei inquire in such a bold manner, he was too scared to stay there any longer. He took two steps backward and retreated.

Wei Zhen still remembered that night. His Highness was extremely angry at the time.

Zhong Zheng Lin was originally waiting for her. Unexpectedly, not only the person came late, as soon as she arrived she began to interrogate him.

Did she put him into her eyes or not? Unable to keep his cool, his expression gradually turned bad.

Even though Zhong Zheng Lin was fond of Mu Xi Yao's frankness, he still wasn't fond of it to the point she could so bluntly embarrass him and he still had to bear it with delight. No matter how he indulged her, he was still the dignified imperial prince of Great Wei. How could he allow his women to shame him?

Seeing his expression change, Mu Xi Yao thought there was indeed such matter. As a result, she faithfully performed duties of cefei: listened to the instruction of the sixth Highness and then made a decision about whether to take the person as a concubine or not.

"Your Highness, this matter was made known to everyone now. Does your Highness have any plans?" Mu Xi Yao inquired earnestly.

Looking at Mu Xi Yao's half perplexed and half certain little face, Zhong Zheng Lin's chest ached out of anger.

He had clearly promised her the eldest son, how would it be possible for him to let a new branch grow out of a knot during her pregnancy?

Apart from Danruo courtyard, he went nowhere else. Even so, he still received only her doubt, unable to make her trust him wholeheartedly.

Zhong Zheng Lin's face was as cold as frost, his tone severe. For the first time, he has admonished Mu Xi Yao in front of the servants.

"What kind of impudence are you uttering? Who are you to question whether bendian has done the deed or not?" This man's assertive and overbearing personality flared up. Hence, his tone became even more unyielding.

Having his anger directed at her, Mu Xi Yao's expression changed slightly. As she watched the man's fierce appearance, she instantly silenced, speaking no more.

Mu Xi Yao listened to the man's tone and then looked at his expression. He didn't seem to be flying into a rage out of the humiliation. Instead, it looked like he was very discontented with her?

Mu Xi Yao contemplated for a moment, then nodded, "Qie understands."

She was to blame for not being cautious. She was used to do as she wished. As a result, she has forgot this man's identity. Big Boss must feel she has meddled too much.