Chapter 16 ||

Jayda Pov:

It's been 3 months since I been back down here. Pooh decided to stay permanently, her and Kensley became so close and I love it. Even though Kensley only 14 and Pooh bout to be 18, she still let Kensley hang with her and Jazlyn and involve Kensley in everything she do.

Hell, it's like Jazlyn stay here too. Which I don't mind at all. She be here everyday all day, but around that age I would wanna be around my bestfriend 24/7 too, especially if that's my only friend.

I'm also on good terms with Retta and Paige, their kids come over here a lot too and I love them like their my own.

Lucas is just way different from when I first met him. He's living off Peaches and won't get a job. Like you way too grown for that, but that's none of my business. Me and him are on good terms but he gots to do better.

Oh and Benard got sent to prison (Jason's father). As soon as he came back to town they searched his house and found hella weed, weapons, and money.

"So, you know how I been planning that trip for my birthday next week?" Pooh said coming in the living room.

"Mhmm, wassup?" I said looking up at her from my laptop.

"Can Kensley go?" She questioned. Kensley ass got suspended for 10 days for fighting at school already so she's been grounded til her suspension is over.

"No, she's grounded." I said shaking my head then Lucas walked in the house.

"Tell Kensley to come on. We already late." He said shutting the door behind him. There's this father and daughter dance for the city, so of course they wanted to participate in it. They got practice everyday at 5 pm til the dance come which is in 3 weeks.

"Kensley, daddy here." Pooh yelled out. "But please Jayda, it's gone be my birthday." Pooh begged.

"I'll think about it." I said then Lucas looked at us. I just know he finn have something to say.

"About what?" He questioned.

"Going out of town for my birthday." Pooh said.

"That damn big ass bull was picking with her. You should reward her for beating that big ass girl up. Yeah she can go." Lucas snapped.

"And Kensley was picking too, that principal said they was picking with each other. Kensley been bullying folks all her damn life, she was doing that at the other school." I snapped.

"I don't give a fuck what you talking bout, she going." Lucas said then shrugged his shoulders. "Kensley bring yo ass on." He yelled out.

"Thank you daddy." Pooh said then walked on to the back.

"Y'all get on my damn nerves." I said rolling my eyes.

"I'm working now." He said with a smile.

"Where at?" I questioned looking over at him.

"This construction place making $17 dollars an hour working 60 hours a week working from 4 in the morning to 4 in the evening Monday through Friday." He said then Kensley came in the living room.