06 | Don't Mess With A Girl

"Thank you-" Oh, shit! Did I just say?...

Omotara, focus!

Truth be told, his eyes were ensnaring. I think I sucked in a deep breath when I saw the translucent brown pupils. They were so... hot.

Imagine a hot Lipton tea in a white mug. Yes! That's how his eyes were.

I forced a glare from nowhere. I mean, I had to be angry in this situation, right? Isn't that what they all do?-them protagonists.

"You must think I'm a fool to have said thank you, and I'd say you're a bigger fool to have complimented my underwear." I sounded rather matter-of-factly and I hated it. It was like I had been robotified(I know). But I really sounded like a robot.

Okay, I think I have to freak out. Maybe scream and yell: Rape! Rape!! But I wasn't sure if that was what was in his mind. Such great eyes wouldn't want to see a helpless girl cry, right?

Okay, that's enough. I'm not helpless.

What the hell's wrong with me?

His eyes' the hell wrong with you. I couldn't agree less.

My mind screamed, 'run', but somehow I wanted to be there, standing and fighting for myself, as a real soon-to-be-woman should.

"Sure." His lips tugged. Unlike the conventional description of beautiful lips, his lips weren't pink, they were black, black and smooth.

Okay, that's the last time I'd talk about the lips.

"You're stupid no doubt, to display your fanny cover in public."

My chest grew hot and I was literally going to burst into flames. What? My Fanny cover! Was he referring to my pantie? Damn him!

"Does this look like 'public' to you, blind bat? This place was as private as I needed it to before you barged in with your absurd compliments."

"And you warmly received them," He sneered. "Remember?"

"Okay, okay. My bad! Could you please take your..." seasoned, hot, black body "...sorry self out from that door, thank you!" I walked toward the door, then stopped, keeping a safe distance from him. Did he just hear what I said? Because he didn't move.

"And you think I'm just going to let you go like that?" It was like a stray of lightning struck me. He laughed. "You try sha." His voice was deep and intimidating. I cannot be intimidated, surely, but now I felt insecure, scared! Oh God, I knew it'd turn out bad. He'd probably tell his male friends he'd seen me in my pantie, but before then, who knows what he'd do to me?

"Who the hell are you?" I exploded. "Get out my way!" He could tell I was frustrated and vulnerable.

He picked his tall frame from the door and sauntered toward me. I stepped back and almost tripped as he kept on moving towards me. I gulped and tried to keep my breasts steady. The last thing I wanted was for him to be staring at my heaving breasts.

Oh my God! What have I done?! I should've run when I had the chance. Just then, my back collided against the wall, then he stood, towering above me, as his hands blocked my two sides. My quivering eyes watched him. "You're as beautiful as the roses on your undie." He breathed into my face.

"I'd take that as a compliment from a sane guy, even though you look like you just came out from yaba left." No, he didn't. Or maybe he did?

I hadn't even noticed he had dada. His dreadlocks were packed to the back with a few dangling on one side. His skin was really dark, darker than mine. His straight sharp jaw. His breathtaking brown eyes. His beautiful long nose. It was too much for me to bear. You know what they say about not finding someone who's perfect. Well, it's a lie. There are people who are just perfect, a typical depiction of your dream prince charmings, but never mind, they've become lunatics or thieves or serial killers or rapists...

I could feel his breath on me, it smelt of like Tom Tom-menthol. I shut my eyes.

"You're trapped, flame." He said. "And if you misbehave, what you saw in the toilet would happen again, here. Except that I'll take it by force and nobody would be here to save you."

Why hadn't I known? He was the boy in the toilet! It was the first time I was really seeing him up close and I had not the faintest idea that he was the scum! The idiot! The agbero!

I think Lewechi had, one day, told me about him-the half-caste. And that he joined Saint Maria College last session.

"You can't rape me." I blurted out. "I'm not that girl in the toilet! I'm Omotara Bankole and I'll make your life as miserable as your boxers..."

Uh, where did that come from?

His boxers were quite neat that day, in the toilet, but-whatever-a roasting is a roasting, no matter how true or false.

"...if you do any harm to me," I said with clenched fists.

"Are you sure, my dear flame?" He cocked his head.

"It's Omotara, not flame."

"Don't you shut up?!" He shouted at my face. His veins, protruding on his neck.

"No. I don't!"

"Not. A. Single. Word." He whispered close to my nose, letting his lips linger close to mine. I shut my eyes and turned my head away.

Then I faced him with anger burning in my eyes and throat. Yes, you heard that right. I usually feel and taste anger in my throat. Anger tastes like ijebu pepper. "Because I was born to talk! I - was - born - to - talk!" I drew phlegm from my throat and spat it on his face.

His tea-brown eyes had become golden with a tinge of red which screamed: danger, danger, danger.

He gripped my neck and brought his lips to my ear. "If you try any nonsense, I'd fuck you tight." He whispered, and I was sure he could hear my heart banging against my chest because at that moment my blood went cold and curdled. I could hardly breathe. Immediately, the picture of Fatima, stark naked, spread-eagled and bloodied flashed through my mind.

"Do you hear me?!" His icy voice froze my heart, eardrums and any part of the body freezable.

I clenched my jaw, but I didn't answer his question or nod. Was he going to kill me? Beat me? Rape me? Sleep with me? - Oh, that's the same thing as rape. Great!

What exactly did he want from me? What did the fool want from me?! I had to run.

"Can I tell you something?" I confided. His head jerked back a bit and he shot his well-arched brow up. His eyes searched my milky, meek ones.

"You stink." He blinked and my knee came in contact with something soft between his legs. He recoiled and I made a run for it.

Ouch. I'm sure that hurt, fool!

You don't mess with any girl.

Thank you for reading!

Yaba left: A place in Lagos, Nigeria; known as a home of psychiatric/lunatic people.

Dada: The African name for dreadlocks. Some families in Nigeria bear the name.

Tom Tom: A black and white, inexpensive sweet, known to cure throat illnesses. It contains menthol.

Agbero: A bad boy / Area boy.

Ijebu pepper: A really peppery pepper-lol- found in the western part of Nigeria, ijebu to be precise(could be considered a town & village).