32 | Bad, Bad Dream?

I woke up. The room was dark. And I had just had the baddest dream of my entire life.

How could I be kissing Chizutere in a dream?

Was I mad? Am I mad? I mad?

In the dark I could see so many things: like the shape of my mother possessed by a spirit that looks like teferti in Moana. Don't get me wrong, beautiful spirit that is, but my mother looking like the spirit is the most scariest shit ever.

My eyes froze in dread. Then I looked to the left by the side that once had a chair and my granny kind of under wears on them(I made sure I wore underwear that look like boxers here. But withal I'm sure the boy will still be seeing me in g-strings from nowhere) and sitting right there was Lewechi sitting wide legged on the chair, her hands very comfortable on the armrest, staring at me. At this point I screamed. I couldn't hold it. I wasn't a hard girl anymore, I was Omotara and I was still afraid of darkness. I shut my eyes, and in a whim the door flew open.

Comfort hit my skin like fresh air. Not that I wasn't freezing with the AC on though. It was 16° Celsius, but still the door opening was fresh air. I gulped. I was ashamed of myself. I had woken someone because of my fear. The lights came on, and standing before me was Chizutere.

I reduced the size of my eyes(if I could) just to make sure the light that flooded them didn't blind me for good.

"I'm sorry for waking you u... Oh my god! You wet yourself!" I yelled, throwing the duvet off my body. My eyes slid up to his face in bewilderment and both our eyes travelled down to his crotch in slo-mo. Then we stopped right where that blue trouser was bluer than necessary.

"Jesus!" He turned away. "Forget you ever saw this! I had a bad dream." His back was faced me now.

"I had a bad dream too, but I didn't wet my pants!" I sounded so frustrated, almost crying. Why was I being so emotional. And what was he still doing here? I expected him to run to his room with a speed that could tear the door off its hinges.

"You don't get it. It was the release... of something... in a dream... with someone."

"Huh?"

He turned to me with the expression: Hey, you should know what I'm talking about all over his face.

My ears tingled, I know I'm brown-skinned, but I'm sure they were red by now. Was I still dreaming? "Which release?"

"Can we talk about this later?" He turned his back, walking away.

"Wait!"

He stopped.

"Why did I come into the room?"

He turned his face to me and rose a brow.

I realized I had said nonsense, and I palmed my forehead. "I mean, why— why did you come to my room?"

"You screamed." He said with this judgey, you-must-be-stupid look.

I reasoned that for a moment. He was right. But why was his trouser wet? Anyways, that's a boy's thing. I nodded. But I realized, also, he opened the door as soon as I screamed. He must've been standing there before I screamed.

"No. There's more."

He rolled his eyes and sighed. "I had a wet dream and you were in it. Are you satisfied now?"

He walked away.

My jaw fell open.

* * *

"How gentlemanly of you, to have a wet dream with me in it." I said, sitting down on the extreme left of the couch.

"And how ladylike of you to be kissing your friend who has a girlfriend in your own dream." I lied to him. I did not tell him it was his brother I kissed. It was Rayinudo's boyfriend, Taye, my childhood friend, I'd said. He sat at the extreme right.

He'd cleaned up and I'd bathed, and we both sat together in the parlour as we tried to decipher what just happened. Let's not forget, Lotachi was sitted on the centre table, facing us.

"How can you be having sex with me on GreenFats table in your dream, when in mine I was kissing my friend?!" I barked.

His brother chuckled. "This shouldn't cause an argument." His smile was so cute, I had to find something else to concentrate on like the dark screen of the TV. "It's called a wet dream."

"I know what a wet dream is!"

"Good. And it happens with a girl the boy really likes." Lotachi said.

We both looked at ourselves—I and Chizutere. I hissed, he frowned and laughed hard.

"Why did you come to my house, Omotara?" Chizutere said. I could hear disgust in his voice.

"I've been asking myself that question." I said, folding my hands, almost tearing up. I cleaned the corner of my eye. "Fatima asked me to come here."

Chizutere's eyes froze.

I didn't know when I had this dream. Or how she even told me, but I felt so strongly that she told.

I froze too.