38 | Questions & Conclusions

I, Agnes, Obiora, Jamila, Constance and Kosiso sat on the restaurant table.

"Hm. The matter strong o." Agnes said, dropping my plate of fried meats before me, and coke. Oh, I was the one eating that now.

"So, what does TSB mean now?"

"Shhhut up. You talkative! Must we let everybody know what we're discussing?" Jamila cautioned Agnes. "Plus, she just said it."

"Look, if we have to find this killers we have to make sure no boy knows what we're doing." Constance said.

"Not even Chizutere." Obiora added.

"Shey Marcus abi Martin don tell the police about the secret society. Which one we kon dey chook awa head again inside the matter again."

"Our plan is to find them before the police does."

"Why?"

"They promised to rape Martin if he implicated them."

Everybody at the table kept silent. Their mouths all fell agape, even Kosiso was looking distraught, like she'd just been hit by a train seven times.

"Wait, did you call them The Secret Boys?" Obiora said.

"Yes."

"And these secret boys want to rape a boy."

"Apparently."

"Jesus!" Agnes said, and everybody in the restaurant turned to us. "Is Lord!" Agnes added, they turned away, probably wondering what was wrong with the girl.

"Martin said they always keep their promise."

"Why did the fool now tell the police in the first place!" We all turned to the person who said that, it was Jamila.

"Because he's ought to." Kosiso answered.

"Because he didn't care." Obiora said.

"He's gay." Everybody turned to Agnes, because she said it. We all looked at her with full blown disappointment. Then.

"Wait... is he-"

"Abeg o. I just dey joke o. No go put words for my mouth."

"Guys, guys. I think we're all missing something." Kosiso said, sitting up. "The reason Martin didn't expose them until now cannot be because they said they'd... rape him or whatever. True they might have said that, but the Martin I know, if he was truly sorry about raping Fatima to death he wouldn't care about threats. He'd say the truth no matter the consequences."

"So what are you saying?" I said moving forward myself, and clasping my hands on the table.

"Fatima had a secret. A sex tape with Nabil. They threatened to blackmail her if she didn't pay them. She gave them money, but they kept demanding and demanding, right? Till they found out she wanted to commit suicide and told her she'd either keep giving them money or they'd force Martin to rape her to death. She choose to die, and they did their thing.

That struck me deeply, did Fatima really choose to die?

"What if Martin has a secret too. Something nobody should see or hear. Most appropriately, see. What if they threatened to blackmail him? What if that was why he had no choice than to rape her when they asked him too?"

"He said there was a gun." I hinted.

"That's not strong enough motivation. Martin is stubborn. And it's like this people care about the money than anything else. Why would they want to shoot away their other avenue of getting free money?"

I kept quiet

"What if that was why he hesitated to say the truth. Because the Martin I know would rather take a grenade for you than rape you."

Everybody kept silent.

"Damn. Kosiso smart sha."

God knows, a little jealousy creeped in. But it wasn't needed right now. I brushed it aside. We needed her mind.

"And I'm not done. You said they promised to kill him, most especially rape him to death too, just like they did Fatima. Why would they choose such threat? It's not like the way they kill people is raping them to death normally. Martin was there by chance. They knew Fatima wanted to kill herself. They came with guns, not condoms. So it's either the threat is random or it is connected to the secret."

"Oh, no." Jamila closed her eyes. "Are you implying that-"

"Yes, what if Agnes is right."

"Hm?" Agnes hummed lifting one of her nostrils in a despiteful manner.

"What if Martin is gay. And they have his sex tape?"

Agnes's mouth fell.