28 | Bad Girl

Life is so unpredictable. Who thought I'd be leaving my house or sneaking out to save friends? Or who thought Fatima would commit suicide? Who thought I'd fall for a boy who fucks girls in the girls toilet with pure white boxers on? Or who thought I'd be at home after been in a coma for God knows how long? And who thought I'd be standing in front of this boy's house hoping he would open up the gate before anyone sees me. Clings and clangs and a loud jangle were what preceeded the gate opening and standing there was a fine boy, a fine boy I hated, a fine boy I secretly liked that is bad and foolish and that would have hoped I never met but did meet. He was dressed in a lemon/blue gradient nicker and a black shirt that had something inscribed on that I couldn't see.

"Omot—"

"Shhhhhhhhhhhh... Alright? Sh." I shot him a disgusted glare. "I'm not happy to see you too."

He seemed rather taken aback. He stared blankly at me, then he smirked, then tilted his head and hung his mouth wide open as if he was about to speak. Then he shut his mouth and smirked again. "I'm happy to see you." He said, running his hand over his dreadlocks from the front down right to the back as though he was trying to smoothen it—which unsuccessfully, he didn't.

Why wouldn't you be happy to see me, jigolo! Fresh meat presents itself to you on a platter and you wouldn't be happy?

"I hate you." I said. "But I need you."

"Whoo!" He rubbed his hands. "Lines, she dey give me lines."

"Shut up."

"Alright." He raised his hands. "Alright." He walked backwards. "Alright. But I missed you." He shot a brow up. "Come in."

"Chizutere, listen, and listen good: if you lay a finger on me while I'm in your house, God knows you'd search for your testicles and wouldn't find them."

His mouth hung open, black lips parting, eyes floating in their sockets. He blinked. "Oka-yyy, somebody is picking up some bad girl vibes, yeah?" He folded his hand. "Okay, I do not have any comeback for that, that was really bad. Like bad girl, I'm impressed."

Somehow I swelled in pride at that. The bad boy calling me bad? That's a good start. I liked the name, Bad Girl. So I decided to show him some extra shade of bad. "You told my mum that you were my boyfriend." I put my hands on my waist, while my bad stayed at my back.

He said scrathed his head. "I did. You love me, say it." He started chewing a gum from nowhere, probably it had been in his mouth all this while and I didn't know of it.

"I do not love you, you dick!"  I opened my eyes really wide and gulped afterwards. "Did I just say dick?"

"Yes, darling. You just called the name of my pp without permission." He folded his arms.

"What's pp?"

He rose a brow.

"Ugh. Ew... Never mind." I waved him and his whole filthiness away.

"Are you coming in or not?" He looked impatient.

"I would. I would." I said, looking back at the sand strewn road and wishing there had been another alternative. There were other houses around, but his own seemed to be the largest, with the biggest compound and a tap by the tiled fence where locals could fetch water. I stared at him. "Before I come into your compound we're going to sign an agreement letter."

He creased his eyes and cocked his head to the side. "Yes?" He frowned in crooked expectation.

"It's called the panties rule." I quickly unzipped my bag, and worked my way into it, bringing out a paper I had prepared on the journey. "Should I read it? Or you would read it yourself." He just stared at me, still with folded hands. I was on a stare down with him for like thirty seconds before I decided to read it myself.