31 | We Can Start With Like

If Jesus were black it wouldn't make much of a difference would it?

If black people have to wait for Jesus to be black before they have a good self esteem then there was nothing to them in the first place. Sorry, black people. I'm black and this is the truth.

At least that's what I think as I argue with Lotachi, the chill air hitting my skin as goosebumps rise and I walk slowly and steadily, because I'm with this boy. I'm in ShopRite with a boy! And his name is Lotachi.

And well, I'm here with another boy, and his name is... you know him.

This is the point where I roll my eyes.

"If JC were black..." The fine boy beside me says! Oh, God. I know, right? I know. But the coolest guy I've ever met calls Jesus JC-Jesus Christ-ain't that just so romantic? "...the concept of slavery wouldn't have even happened in the first place. Don't you think?" He added, then he paused. "I hope you don't think I'm asking if you don't think?"

We looked at each other and burst into a loud laughter. The other shoppers and attendants didn't really pay us attention, a cool but very audible music was playing in the background. I couldn't really place what song it was, but the small speakers on the ceiling(or wheresoever they are) were sure doing a good job. People were laughing here and there, there was so much joy around. I didn't feel like I got in here. This was just the opposite of me, my experiences, my life.

"How? How would the concept of slavery never have happened, in the first place?" I say, remembering that the other boy who looks like this cool guy, but has a dada, and might not have very white teeth is plotting to murder us here, or in our sleep, or when we're in a dark place, alone.

I hurried to Lotachi's side, I don't know why, but I did.

God! He walked too fast!

"The white man would be intimidated. Slavery was justified with the bible, if Jesus was black it'd have been a no-no, contradictory, you know dah kine thing."

I laughed. I didn't know why, but I've been laughing anyhow since I've been beside this boy. What's going on?

Omotara, get a hold of yourself!

"I have no problem with slavery..."

Although, slavery is bad. But if I could make you, Lotachi, my slave, I would be glad to do it for a thousand years and counting.

From Omotara,

To my dear slave, Lota Love
Xoxoxo

"...When Kings conquered lands in ancient days(or when Queens liked fine boys) they amassed slaves and all that, but the only slavery of people that was based on colour and race was the slavery of black people. It's root was based on the supposed inferiority of black people. Plus, must I say that not all racists believe in Jesus? Jesus being black wouldn't have made any difference, you see."

I hadn't even finished talking when Chizutere burst past through us, distorting the magnetic field of romantic energy between us. He intentionally used the shopping bags to hit me as he walked forward, towards the game section. PS5 was right at the left, but the human being decided to go through our middle! I gritted my teeth. Lotachi turned to me, I turned too. "What's wrong with him?"

"I don't know." I shrugged. I know, he's jealous!

Who gets jealous when you're not even theirs in the first place?

Well, who cares? He's a bad boy, let him go back to the girl he uses in the toilet during night preps. However, I still need him. And the only reason is because of my plan. If not, I would never have step my two pretty feet in his house.