33 | Saint Maria Catholic College

"Fatima what?" Lotachi's eyes almost murdered us.

"Fatima asked you to come here?" Chizutere said, laughing. Then his laughter vanished. "How?!"

"Who's Fatima?!" Lotachi yelled.

We both turned to the unfortunate boy and looked away, to ourselves

"Fatima?"

"Yes." I answered, standing up and walking to his window. This place he lived was really quiet. I liked i-

Pharrp Pharrp Pharrp

I turned to Chizutere and his brother with skeptical eyes. "What did I do?"

"Mum and dad!" They both chorused, like real twins. Chizutere jumped over the sofa like he was a professional parkour jumper, Lotachi sped up the stairs like Flash with a diarrhea. And I stood watching till Chizutere rushed back and dragged me away.

Pharrp Pharrp Pharrp!

"What is happening?" I wriggled my hand off his.

"My parents." He whispered.

My face almost melted like heated chocolate. I felt the kind of dread I'll feel if my mum caught Chizutere on top of me in my room, something similar to what happened with me and Taye. Suddenly, I was feeling hot and could hardly breathe. I inhaled and exhaled with laboured breaths. My eyes went shut and I felt my body smacking the ground with a loud gbo.

Black out.

* * *

I didn't know for how long I... blacked out. But the next time I was conscious, I was being splashed with cold water. I inhaled and jerked up, blinking and swallowing hard.

"You just blanked." Chizutere said.

My head hurt, and I felt lightheaded. I swallowed again. "It was the shock. It was the shock. I'm not getting better. You know, I have a brain injurism, right?"

"I thought it was minor."

"No. It's not." I sat up. "Where am I?"

I didn't need him to answer me, because the person that walked in that moment give it all away. "Mum!"

I glared at Chizutere. "Sorry, I had to involve her."

"Your boyfriend, called me." Suddenly she faced him. "I told you not to pour the water, didn't I?" She looked nerve-wracked.

"I'm sorry, ma." Chizutere slightly bowed.

She touched his shoulder and looked at me. "You have a knack for doing what you shouldn't." She turned back to him. She was definitely talking to him, or was it both of us. "Get me the syringe." She ordered. "Did I tell you I collected his number just case any other thing happened after you collapsed in school?" He handed it to her. "Omotara, you cannot run from me and expect me to smile widely at you." Her face morphed into seriousness. "When did you become that kind of child that leaves and doesn't tell her parents." She stared at me. "And goes to her boyfriend's house!"

"He's not my boy-"

"Will you shut up! Shut up!" She shut her eyes as she exhaled. I glared at Chizutere, I was ready to claw his eyes out. But he too wasn't in playful mode also, he looked serious and concerned and I could tell mummy also had an intimidating effect on him too. Although, she seemed to like him for reasons I don't know of. She picked my hand and gently exhausted the syringe's content into my vein. She gave me some drugs, and we didn't talk as we left Chizutere's house, entered the car, and till she drove me and Chizutere towards school. She stopped the car. In bold letters, you could see the words in light green on the first building in the school, the

Saint Maria Catholic College

A rush of excitement overtook me as we approached. Lewechi! Sally! Kosiso! Agnes! Jamila! Constance!!! I was going to see my friends again, after close to four weeks. The vehicle stopped. She put of the engine. "Omotara, I love you, but you have to act like you're well-trained. I trained you better than this."

"Thank you, mummy." I murmured.

I got down. Turns out mum had prepared for this, she'd brought all my provisions and pads and toiletries. Although, I had left my stuff at school the last time. I gripped my bag.

"Won't you give me a hug?"

I smile, clearly embarrassed and hurried to her. She wrapped her arms around me. "I'm letting you come back to school because it's the right thing to do." She let me go. "You'll be fine. You're responding well to treatment."

"Bye, mum."

"And you, Chizutere! Take care of her."

Oh, I had almost forgotten this guy was here. Where's his brother?

"I will most definitely do that, ma!"

"One more thing: take care of her doesn't mean pull off her panties. You have no right to touch it. Omotara, no pantie is worth pulling for a boy, not even this handsome dude." Mum smiled.

Did my mum just say 'dude'? I giggled. Well she'd always been the strict but cool mum who hides her coolness in lots of orders and serious faces, but every once in a while, she loosened up.

"You're laughing?" Her face turned serious again.

"No. I'm- I'm just happy to be back to school." I faltered, looking around and clapping.

She nodded, the serious look still on her face. "Chizutere, I thought you were a day student."

"I'm both, ma. I could choose to either stay in the hostel or stay at home, depending on how urgent my school work is."

"Oh. I see." She nodded. "And your parents. They are nice people." His parents? She knew his parents? "My regards to them."

"No problem, ma. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." She entered her car.

After she'd gone Chizutere came to my side. I spoke first.

"Your plan is working abi? You're trying to get closer to my mum so she'll approve of you."

"Well, I mean, she said I couldn't pull off your panties... Which I totally respect, but she didn't say you can't pull off my boxers."

I stared at him with murderous eyes and then burst out in laughter that surprised me myself, as I balled my hand in a fist and punched with his shoulder.

"Ow." He yelled, holding his shoulder.

"You have a lot of explaining to do." I said, walking away.

"Hey, wait for me! I'm the one helping you carry your load, remember? Omotara!"

At this rate, I wasn't even hearing him at all. All that in my mind was:

Omotara, you're back to SMCC!