Drunk Driver (Dean)

It was another basic late night car ride with Dean, in the middle of summer. It was about two in the morning and neither one of you had gotten any sleep. The next hotel was about thirty four Miles's from where you were now, and you couldn't wait to finally lay down.

The conversation about getting out of this life, and starting a family again had resurfaced. Dean wasn't too happy about it, because he knew that if he did this, something bad would happen, yet again. It always did.

"Y/n, I know you want a family. I want one too. We just can't do it! You know that! Once we starting having a family and everything is going good, something is going to pop up and ruin it for us! It always does!"

"Dean, I haven't had a normal life! I want a normal life! I want out of this bullshit hunting business!"

"You want out? So out of being with me and hunting?"

"Yes! I mean no! I want out of hunting, but I want you with me! We can do this, Dean! If something does try to mess us up, we fight back Dean! That's what you do! You fight! Please Dean. I can't stand the constant nasty hotel rooms, and the nasty road food! It's disgusting and you know it!"

"It is y/n, but we just can't!"

"Why not Dean! What are you so afraid," you were suddenly cut short when a car that had a stop sign, decided to run it, slamming into your side of the car.

You threw your hands up to protect your face, but it was too late. The car slid off the road, and down into a ditch.

When Dean woke up, he looked around, then looked at you. The fear that sunk into his eyes, was something that was only there when Sam's brother had died in the past. Your limp body was laying in the seat beside him, with your head laid back.

"Y/n! No, no, no, no! Y/n! Please!" Dean lifted your head and held it in his hands. Dean pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed 911.

It wasn't long before the ambulance arrived, and put you and Dean on a stretcher and placed you in the back. Dean sat there staring at you, yelling at the guys.

"Is she okay? Is she even alive?"

"Sir, she is going to be okay. We are going to do everything we can. Is she allergic to anything?"

"No, she not. Just help her please." Right after Dean said that, you begin shaking. "What's wrong with her? Why aren't you helping her!"

"She's having a seizer," one of the men yelled out.

The two men went over to you and helped you. Dean was trying so hard to get up, and get to you, but he couldn't.

"Help her dammit!"

"Sir, you have to lay back! We are going to help her!"

Dean through his head back on the pillow and cursed to himself.

When you got to the hospital, the two medics wheeled the both of you in.

"Female and male evolved in a motor vehicle accident. The female has serval broken ribs, possible head injuries, and a broken wrist. She had a seizer on the way. Male with less injures. Broken rib, and several cuts which needs stitches."

The medics wheeled the two of you in separate locations, and Dean wasn't having it. He fought to get up, but the doctors held him back down.

When Dean was check out, he walked to your hospital room, and saw the tubes and wires that were connected to you. Dean sat in the chair that was beside your bed, and held your hand tight.

One thing Dean couldn't bare to lose, other than his brother, was you. The doctor came in as Dean kissed your hand.

"She is stable. She is going to make a full recovery and she wake up soon. She had blood in her brain, and we went it and fixed it. She should wake up soon."

"Thank you," he whispered as the doctor walked out and Dean held your hand tighter.

"If you keep squeezing, my hand is going to fall off," you said as you woke up and looked over at Dean.

"Y/n I am so sorry! I love you so much and I can't believe this happened to you."

"It's not your fault Dean. It's okay."

"It's not okay. Y/n, seeing you in that ambulance made me realize. I want out too. I want to be with you, living as normal and we can get. I want the apple pie life, but only if I'm with you. I was going to ask you this, when I thought it was the best time. But what's not the best time when you're sitting in a hospital bed," Dean said as he moved off the chair, and kneeled down. "Y/n, will you marry me? I promise to love you forever and give you all I can in life."

You couldn't stop the tears that flooded your eyes. "Yes," you whispered out. "Yes!" You put your hand up to your mouth, and watched as Dean pulled out a beautiful diamond ring. He slid it on your ring finger, and kissed you softly.