Almost Gone

Trigger warning: Attempted Suicide, pills, throwing up
Writer: Jamie
AN: I'm so sorry it took so long! I finally finished with school! So I have more time!

Over the past year or so, you have been living in a hole in the ground bunker with two brothers, Sam and Dean Winchester. It hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. Ever since you decided to leave the hell hole you called home and go with them, your life had been twisted upside down. There was things you haven't even heard of, and a lot more to come.
On this particular night, Sam, Dean, and yourself had just gotten back from a hunt, that didn't go as planned. You ended up almost getting yourself killed, just to make sure Sam was okay. You thought we would be grateful for stopping that demon from cutting into his neck, but he was more pissed that you tackled the demon and started fighting it. The demon did over pier you, but at least Sam jumped back up and killed it.
"I told you she wasn't ready, Dean! This is exactly why!" Sam started yelling the minute we stepped into the bunker.
"Excuse me, I'm standing right here!" You rolled your eyes and crossed your arms as you looked up at him.
"Yeah and you would t be if I didn't stab that demon in time! What the hell were you thinking y/n?" Sam turned sharply at you as his voice became angrier.
"I was thinking if I didn't step in, your ignorant ass would of been on that floor bleeding out," you managed to yell as you slightly turn away then looked at him again quickly, "Be fucking grateful your neck is still intact. Cause if I didn't do what I did, you wouldn't even be standing there!" You turned on your heel and walked to your room, slamming the door shut.
Once you were behind the closed door, you looked up at the ceiling, trying to fight back the tears, but it was too late. Your face was now flooding with tears, and you covered your mouth slightly. As you pressed your back to the door, you slowly pushed yourself off and went into the bathroom.
You were sick and tired of how they treated you like you didn't know what to do. The overwhelming feeling of loneliness and guilt flooded you, as you reached up in the medical cannot and grabbed the bottle of sleeping pills.
You didn't belong here in this bunker, not in this town, not in this world. You were just another drifter who landed somewhere were you thought you were needed. Well Sam clearly showed you tonight you weren't.
You sat down on the cold hard floor and opened the bottle. You simply poured all the pills into the palm of your hand, and stared at them for what seemed like forever. When you finally snapped out of your thoughts, you swallowed back the pills and dropped the bottle on the floor.
"Hey, y/n, I just wanted-," Sam had walked into the bathroom and immediately stopped what he was saying and keeled down to you. "Y/n, what did you do?" Sam picked up the empty bottle and threw it to the other side of the bathroom. Sam sat you up, even though you tried to fight him. Sam stuck his finger inside your throat, making you throw up in the toilet.
You gripped his shirt tight as your throat began to burn like fire was flowing out. You cried out as Sam rubbed your back and pulled you into your chest.
"Why? Why did you do that," you asked in a slight whisper as you tried to push away from him. "why would you make me do that?"
"Because killing yourself isn't the answer. You gotta keep fighting. You can't give up just because things get bad."
"How would you know?" You scoffed as you looked away from him.
"Because my life has been living hell, nonstop. I was damned since i was born, but that never stopped me. My mother died when I was six months old, and I have watched everyone I loved die. Even dean. Hell, I've seen him die more than I can count, but I kept pushing through. I have lost my hope plenty of times, but I'm still here." You looked up at Sam and saw the sincerity in his eyes. "What I'm trying to say here y/n, is your life is special. You shouldn't give up. Never give up."
Sam scooped you up in his arms, and carried you back to your bed. "Now sleep. You need it," he said as he kissed your forehead. Sam stood up to leave, but you took his hand in yours, and just looked up at him. He knew exactly what you wanted.
Sam laid beside you and you laid your head on his chest. It wasn't long until you fell asleep, and Sam never let you go. He never left your side as you slept that night.