Chapter 40: Sick day

Start from the beginning

"I don't know,maybe he went somewhere else before returning here" I suggested.

"Probably" he replied. We began walking upstairs.

"He didn't tell you anything on where he might have been" I asked.

"Not really, when he got home,he went to his room to take a shower" he answered. I nodded.

We got to Hunter's room. He was still in bed with an extra lay of blankets,the heater was turned on. The air coon was turned off but he was still shivering. The room was warm but I doubt if he felt the warmth.

"Hey" I greeted as I sat by his side.

He opened his eyes then gave me a smile.

"My love" he called then sat up. He was putting on a hoodie.

"I heard you were sick how are you feeling" I asked cupping his cheek. He had quiet a high temperature.

"I'm alright my love don't worry" he assured.

"The doctor said its probably because you spent too much time in the rain. Where did you go last night before reaching here" Zack asked also sitting by his side.

"No where" hunter denied.

"Hunter just answer the question. Where were you" Zack ordered.

"I-went- to get infro on something" hunter answered still shivering.

"You mean that task you asked me to complete" Zack asked.

"Yes" Hunter answered then pulled the blankets closer to him.

"You dick see what your craziness led too. You ruined our plan,I actually ordered a truck full of roses for-" Zack cut himself off by putting a hand on his mouth.

"I'm going to be alright. No need to cancel, its just postponed. Even if in this state I can do it" hunter said with a chuckle.

"I want you to have her when you're at you're strongest" Zack stated smiling at me.

"Okay am I missing anything here" I asked. I was really confused.

"Nothing my love,its just business" Hunter replied.

"I'm going to make some hot soup for you that may help you feel warmer" Zack announced then left the room.

"Come here" hunter ordered holding up the sheets so I could get under.

I took off my shoes then my coat and got in beside him. He laid down on the pillow, I laid my head on his chest. He wrapped a hand around me.

"Does anything hurt" I asked.

"I just have a headache it feels as if I'm carrying a huge rock on my head. I feel a bit dizzy but I'll be alright" he stated.

"I hope so" I replied.

"Aren't you heading to college" Hunter asked. I snuggled in his hold.

"No,I'd rather stay here to take care of you" I stated.

"I appreciate that" he replied.

"I saw the paper this morning. You killed him,the truck driver. Is that were you spent too much time In the rain" I asked.

"I wasn't the one who killed him,I had a head ache so I asked Zack" he sated.

"Oh okay" I replied not knowing what to say.

"Can I ask you a question"

"Sure"

"About what happened last night,if that truck diver hadn't disturbed us,would you have let me make love to you,you didn't make any attempt to stop me when I was unbuttoning you" he asked.