Part 20: CDC part2

A lot longer chapter! Hope you don't mind. Enjoy!❤️😘

Shane drags Rick away from the door just as it rolls up, blinding light beaming out from inside the C.D.C. and we all turn around.

*Hayley's POV*

We all start walking into the light to go inside. Daddy handed Maddie over to Carol. I could hear walkers getting closer. I walked closer to my dad. Grabbing his shirt, something I started doing whenever I got scared.

    "Daryl, you cover the back." Shane told daddy. Who nodded and pulled his crossbow up. I still have a grip on his shirt.

    "Hello? Hello" Rick calls out.

    "Close those doors. Watch for walkers." Dale tells the group. As we enter an empty lobby.

    "Hello?" Rick calls out again. Then we all hear a gun cock.

    We all turn around, and see a doctor looking guy holding a gun pointing it at us. All the adults with weapons pull them out and point them right back, daddy moves me behind him in the process.

    "Anybody infected?" The man asks. Still pointing his weapon. Rick slowly lowers his, causing the rest of the group to follow, some reluctantly.

    "One of our group was. He didn't make it." Rick answered, I lower my head, thinking about how we left Jim behind.

    "Why are you here? What do you want?" The man asks another question.

    "A chance" Rick replies.

    "That's asking a awful lot these days."

    "I know."

    The doctor looks around at everyone stopping on me and Carl, who was right beside my dad and I. With his mother.

    "You all submit to a blood test. That's the price of admission." The man says after thinking. My heart drops with fear. I hate needles.

    Whenever I had to get shots at the doctor, daddy or uncle Merle had to hold me still. I thought the one good thing out of the world going to hell, was that I never had to get shots at the doctors again. Guess I was wrong.

    "We can do that." Rick answers the man. No! We can't Rick.

    "You got stuff to bring in, you do it now. Once this door closes it stays closed." The man tells the group.

    Daddy takes me over to Carol. He pries my hand off of his shirt. He kneels down to my height.

    "Where are ya goin' daddy?" I ask. Not wanting him to leave me.

    "I'll be right back. I'm just goin' ta get our stuff, don't worry. Stay by Carol." He says making me nod.

    Him and the other guys, ran out to get everyone's bags. While Dale and the women and us kids stayed inside. Dale at the door. They grab the bags then come back in. Dad hands me my bags and puts his arm around my shoulders. His free hand holding up a shotgun.

    "VI, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here." The man says, then we hear rattling and clanging, as the doors close.