Part 16: Walkers Attack

Then, I hear a lot of screams from camp. Oh no!

    I run back to camp to see what's going on.

    I see people running around, and screaming. I don't fully comprehend what's going on until I see a girl that was running past me pushed down by a man. And, the man began biting a chunk out of her shoulder. She screams really loud. The camp is being attacked by walkers! I'm frozen I don't really know what to do.

    Then, the walker looks to me. And, it starts standing up to walk over to me.

    I start sprinting away towards mine and my family's tent. Hoping daddy got back when I was gone.

    I got to my tent, and realized my daddy still wasn't back so I just sit, cry, and wait for someone to come get me and say it's over.

    I don't know how long I had been in there when someone yanks the tent flap open. I scream.

    "Hey, hey it's okay! It's okay Hayley." What I think is Rick shouts to me over my screaming. I look at the person crying, it is Rick. "Come here sweetheart, I'll take you to your Dad." He says and picks me up. I then remember he was with daddy, so he's back! I just wrap my arms and legs tightly around him.

I whimper when I see a dead camper with her face bit into. Rick puts his hand on the back of my head, and I let him hide my face in the crook of his neck and shoulder.

"Don't look Hayley." He tells me. I nod my head, knowing I'll see my daddy soon.

*Daryl's POV*

Me, Rick, T-dog, and Glenn were walking through the woods heading back to camp. When we hear multiple screams coming from the camp.

I look to the other guys, and then we all start sprinting towards the screaming.

When we get there we see utter chaos. Walkers have invaded the camp. There was already so many people dead.

Me and the guys all immediately started killing the threat. Me, yelling for my daughters, hoping with everything in me that they are both ok.

"Hayley! Maddie! Hayley!" I kept yelling over and over, as I was killing walkers. Not getting a response which was killing me.

After the chaos was over, and everything went quiet I started looking around the camp for my little girls. Asking some surviving campers. But, no one knew where they were. I was on the verge of tears when I saw Lori over by the RV.

"Lori! Where are they?" I ask her fast, hoping to hear that she knew where they were and that they were okay.

"Huh? Where is who?" She says.

"My little girls Lori! Who else would I be talking about? Please tell me you know where they are." I shout in frustration. I'm supposed to be here, and protect them. I really hope I haven't failed.

"I'm so sorry Daryl I don't know." She says. I lose it. I let the tears fall, out of fear for their safety, sadness, guilt, and anger.

"Didn't I ask you to keep an eye on 'em!" I shout.

"I was, until Hayley ran off. I figured she ran to your tent I gave her some space. And Maddie was with another camper, a girl named Lola." She explains. I start pacing, still letting the tears fall.