Part 12: The Waitress

*Daryl's POV*

I'm sitting down cleaning my arrows. The girls are still asleep in the tent, I'm just about ten feet away.

Rick walks over with Shane following right behind him talking,

    "Well, look I- I don't, okay, Rick? So could you just- could you throw me a bone here man? Could you just tell me why? Why would you risk your life for a douche bag like Merle Dixon?" I look from my arrows to him. Offended.

    "Hey! Choose your words more carefully." I warn pointing one of my arrows at him.

    "Oh no, I did. Douche bags what I mean." He says smugly making me angry, I really don't like this guy.

    "Merle Dixon, a guy that wouldn't give you a glass of water. Even if you were dying of thirst." Shane continued about my brother.

    I tune out the rest of their conversation. Going back to cleaning my arrows. I think about if my brother is still alive. And, about by girls, their gonna have to live is this shitty world. I'm gonna have to teach them how to survive, 'cause I won't be around all the time to protect them.

    I'm taken away from my thoughts when I hear my name.

    "So you, and Daryl. That's your big plan?" Lori says to her husband. I can tell she absolutely doesn't want him to go.

    I would go with or without him or any of the group to get my brother back. I don't want to spend a second more than I have to with these people. But, I know that if I go with back up, I have a greater chance of getting back to my girls. They need me.

    I see Rick turn and look at the Asian kid. I roll my eyes.

    "Oh, come on!" Glenn says to Rick

    "You know the way. You've been there before. In and out, no problem. You said so yourself. It's not fair of me to ask, I know that, but I'd feel a lot better with you along. And, I know she would too." Rick says making Glenn look to Lori and her kid, Carl, I think his name is.

    "That's just great. Now your gonna risk three men huh?" Shane asks, being the asshole he was.

    "Four." T-dog says volunteering to go. I roll my eyes again.

    "My day just gets better, and better." I say with a huff.

    "You see anybody else here stepping up to save your brothers cracker ass." T-dog says to me.

    "Why you?" I say, isn't it his fault my brother is stuck up there?

    "You wouldn't even begin to understand. You don't speak my language." He says back.

    "That's four." Dale says, stating the obvious.

    "It's not just four. You're putting every single one of us at risk. Just know that, Rick. Come on, you saw that walker, it was here. It was in camp. They're moving out of the cities. They come back we need every able body we got. We need 'em here. We need 'em to protect camp." Shane says then looks to me. "What about your daughters? What if y'all are gone and you aren't here. What if something happens. You really wanna risk that."