Part 15: Dyslexia

*Hayley's POV*

    Daddy, and the others left a couple hours ago. Me, Carl, and Sophia are playing with his toy cars. I had a green one, Sophia had the red one, and Carl kept his favorite one the blue one.

As we were playing, Shane came up to us and said something about catching frogs. I remember he promised Carl they would a little while back.

    "Do you guys want to come too?" Carl asks me and Sophia.

    "I'd rather not. I don't really like frogs. Plus I just got washed up not too long ago." Sophia answers to him.

    "Alright, how about you Hayley?" Shane asks me.

    "Sure why not." I answer. Even though I'm still a little upset with him. But, I got nothing better to do.

    "Okay lets go." Carl says excited. "Bye Sophia." He said as we walk off. I just wave goodbye to her.

    We get down to the quarry, and Shane and Carl go into the water. I roll my pant legs up over my boots, before I go into the water with them.

  Shane hands me and Carl nets and he has a bucket.

    "I'm not getting anything." Carl says after a few minutes. I giggle at his impatience.

    "Yeah, being all wily, staying submerged. Little suckers, they know something's up. That's what's going on. Just going to have to do this the old-fashioned way." Shane says earning confused looks from me and Carl.

    "Alright little man and little lady, look. You are the... y'all are the key in all this, okay? All I'm gonna do is go after one of them, all right; scare the rest of them off. They're all gonna scatter. I'm gonna drive 'em your way. Okay?" Shane continues and explains to us the plan.

    "All right." Me and Carl say in unison.

    "What y'all need to do is you need to round up every bad boy you see, all right? You with me?"

    "Yeah. Yeah." Carl says as I just nod my head.

    "Hells yeah. Give me your mean face. Arrr." Shane says making a growl and a mean face.

    Then him and Carl both make faces and fake growl together. I try not to, but I giggle. Then Shane looks to me.

    "Come on Hayley, give me your mean face." He says smiling.

    I laugh a little, the shake my head.

    "Awe come on. You gotta have your mean face while you catch these suckers." He says.

    "Do your mean face Hay. Come on." Carl urged me laughing.

     I giggle then make my best mean face.

    "Aye there you go, attagirl. Are y'all ready?" Shane said.

    "Yeah!" Carl shouts excitedly.

    "Are you ready? Here we go. Here we go." Shane says then looks around in the water. He sees a frog. The goes under the water and starts splashing.

    Me and Carl scoop the nets around in the water trying to catch anything. We were both laughing really hard.

    "All right kids. They're coming your way. They're coming your way. Go on; get 'em. Get those nets in there and get 'em." Shane shouts to us over his splashing.