TWENTY¬THREE [girls]

*clears throat* Your girl miiiiight have been offered a contract for this little fanfiction right here? 👀
So if I decide to sign it, I will upload an Authors Note in the next few days explaining what exactly is happening and if it affects me uploading chapters to Wattpad.

I'm so excited. :D

Anyway, enjoy this one!

----------------------------------------

2027

We're done. Don't finish that sentence. We're done. We're done. We're done.

Stan feels the cold wind rushing over his body. Kyle's last words echo through his head as he tries to figure out where he is. He seems to be standing in front of a bar. What time is it? He checks his phone. 5:43pm. October 10th 2027. Stan feels a wave of anxiety rushing through his body. He isn't sure if he can handle this right now. Maybe he should just leave and jump back. "See? I told you we wouldn't be too early! He's already here. Hey dude." Stan takes a deep breath and then slowly turns around. "Hey." He looks at Kyle. God why is he grinning? A few hours ago he was yelling at him, telling Stan to never talk to him again but now everything is suddenly fine again. But Stan still feels guilty. It's the same as with Kenny earlier. He feels guilty but nobody is mad at him which is a horrible feeling when you know that you don't deserve to be forgiven. Once Stan finally manages to rip his eyes off of Kyle's smiling lips he notices the two girls standint next to him. Oh no. Please don't let this be what he is thinking. The girl glued to Kyle's arm has blonde curly hair, bright blue eyes and is wearing a red playsuit with heels. Stan wants to pull her away from Kyle. She shouldn't be allowed to touch him. The girl extends her arm and grabs Stan's hand. "Hey I'm Bebe. Thanks for saving my boyfriend's life. He just can't manage staying out of trouble, haha. But luckily you gave him a place to stay. He's bad at showing it but he's super thankful. Right babe?" Kyle blushes and just nods. Stan wants to say something like: So you're the one who hooked him up with drugs when he had been clean for over two weeks? You must really love him. But all he manages to press out between his lips is a No Problem. "And that is Wendy. I had to force her to come but now she's here so you guys can get to know each other." Stan looks at the girl with the black hair cut into a modern bob. She seems annoyed and uncomfortable. He can relate to that. This time Stan is the one offering a handshake. It's short and warm. "Hey I'm Stan." Wendy nods. "Yeah I know. Bebe was begging me for two days to come today, telling me how cool and funny you are over and over again and when I asked her what you look she told me she'd never even met you before and doesn't actually know you." Stan chuckles. Then he points at himself. "This is what I look like." "Okay you two lovebirds, let's go inside." Bebe pulls Kyle behind her through the entrance door but before they can follow, Stan holds Wendy back. She raises her eyebrows. "I have to tell you something." "Okay?" Oh god, why does he have to be here? "I'm gay. Kyle doesn't know, that is why they arranged this. I'm sorry. For wasting your time and stuff." Wendy stares at him for a few seconds, then she sighs. "Wow. Okay. Well it's good that Kyle doesn't know. He isn't really the most...tolerant. But thank you for being honest. At least now we can actually have fun and don't have to be awkward." Stan nods. "Let's go inside before they get the wrong idea." He holds open the door for Wendy and then steps inside the bar.

We're done. We're done. I deserve better. Don't finish that sentence.

As his brain pushes these thoughts back into Stan's head he suddenly feels tears crawling up his eyes and he tries his best to not let out a pained sob. This is just so wrong. Kyle and him were in love. And now he doesn't want to talk to him anymore. It's not fair. How did Stan manage to fuck up this badly? He takes a deep breath before Wendy and him reach the table the other two are already sitting down at. Next to each other. Kyle has put his arm around Bebe's shoulders. No. They sit down and after a few minutes a waiter takes their order. Stan is interested to see how drinking during his time travels will affect his present state. Will he wake up drunk? "So Kyle told me you work for Greenpeace? That's pretty cool." Wendy blushes. But she doesn't look as excited as he would have expected. "Yeah I guess. It's nothing special though." "What do you mean? You're saving the planet, that's fucking awesome!" "I'm not." Bebe rolls her eyes. "Here we go again." Wendy ignores the comment and looks down at her hands, the fingers are playing with the sleeves of her sweatshirt. "All I do right now is organize small events like beach cleanings and tours through marine rescue centers and sure, at first you feel like you're doing something great and that what you do is important. But later you'll notice how much others are doing. People are saving stranded whales. They plant hundreds of trees a day. They start petitions that attract the attention of millions and they'll go to the governments who will take them seriously and actually change something. And me? All I do is pick up candy bar paper on the beach once a week which literally doesn't change anything." Stan can't help but notice that tears are starting to build up in Wendy's eyes. "And I'm stuck. I'm scared that this is all I'll ever do and that I'll have to watch those around me succeed, save the planet, while I'm still handing out flyers, knowing nobody will read them anyway." Bebe sighs and rolls her eyes again. Stan isn't sure what to say but just letting her sit there crying is not an option. He clears his throat. "I get where you're coming from. I play football. And it's not the same as trying to change the world but you can't imagine how often I have compared myself to the other guys, thinking about how quickly they make progress and improve while I'm still at zero. But I've learned to not do that anymore because a friend once made me see that this is not how it works. Not everyone starts at 0 and reaches 100%, especially not simultaneously. You just gotta keep your head down, work at your own pace and you'll break through and make your own success in your own time." Stan crosses his fingers, hoping Wendy understood what he was trying to say but when he sees the thankful smile on her lips his heart becomes a little lighter. "I guess you could be right." "I am. You'll get there. And you'll be fine."