EIGHT [java]

If you enjoy the chapter, support me with a like! :)

2023

The music filling his ears is loud and yet soft. But Stan's eyes widen in shock when he realizes that what he is standing in is nothing less than a strip club. For gay men. A big poster next to the entrance reads The Blue Lagoon. Yikes. He cringes at the name. The club isn't huge, it has two stages and a lot of small seating groups, some of them close to the stages, others further away in the back. There's a bar, a dj booth, a toilet and two doors labeled "Private". A man is dancing on the right stage, he must be around Stan's age and is very muscular, he has the typical stripper body. Stan doesn't feel comfortable at all. He has never been to a strip club, he just doesn't roll that way. But something inside of him tells him to stay and take a seat. He chooses an armchair a few meters away from the left stage. He doesn't need to start conversations with the other men who are here, whistling and staring at the stripper whose dancing is very suggestive. They seem to love it. Stan looks away. Why is he here? And why is he dreaming again? This time there wasn't any stranger breaking into their room and luring him into the hallway. He just went to bed, fell asleep and then suddenly he was here. Stan looks down at himself. He's wearing another leather jacket, of course, iconic, fitted pants and a navy v neck shirt. When running his fingers through his hair he notices that it is longer again and he can feel some gel in it. He feels older again but somehow not as old as last time. His skin is softer. He needs a mirror. Stan looks up again when the music starts to fade out and the room darkens. "Everybody, give it up for this incredible performance by our crowd's favorite Chicago!" The name triggers a thought. Funny, his name is Chicago, like the city were in. Stan furrows his eyebrows. What is he doing here? Why out of all cities is he in Chicago, another place he has no relation to, like D.C.? The dj continues. "Oh boy, that was hot! Up next we have a sweet treat for you. Prepare to get your hearts stolen. Give it up for Java!" The crowd cheers and the purple lights make space for a golden shimmer filling up the room, like amber dust. The spotlights point at the left stage. The crowd cheers and a new song starts playing. Stan nearly lets out a shocked noise when he sees who enters the stage from behind the red velvet curtain. How??? What is going on? What is his brain trying to tell him? Java, also known as Kyle, is wearing black trunks and a white oversized tshirt. His messy hair suggest a "just woke up" look. His lips curl into a smile as he starts to move to the music. Stan can't help but to notice his cleanly shaved shiny thighs and the part of his ass that is not being covered by the tight fabric. He wants to look away, cover his eyes with his hands but he can't. Kyle has put a spell on him. Unlike the dancer that was performing before him, Kyle's movement are less suggestive and more lascivious yet sweet, just like the look on his face. But it seems to work. When the chorus starts he grabs the silver pole and lifts his whole body into the air. Stan's jaw drops. He has never witnessed real pole dancing before, the atheltic kind, not the one you usually see in night clubs, and he is absolutely fascinated. Kyle moves in the air like it's the most normal thing. In the next moment he is upside down, his right arm reaching out into the crowd with a big smile on his face. The way he holds the pole between his thighs, as if he has never done anything else and this is his kingdom, makes Stan's heart beat faster. Then their eyes meet. Stan's heart stops beating for a second while Kyle's green eyes look into his. He can see something happening on his face but it's definitely not a "shit I know that guy" expression. Kyle turns away and comes back down, moving elegantly like an elf. He slowly takes his shirt off and continues to sway his body to the rhythm of the song while lip syncing. He rolls his hips a few times and closes his eyes. The soft smile doesn't leave his lips for a single second. The whole performance feels like a lustful daydream and Stan knows that the longer he watches, the harder it will be for him to control his own body. God, how depressing. He used to kiss this boy during long nights on the beach and now he is right in front of him in his full beauty but unreachable. Because Kyle doesn't remember. Fuck. The song slowly ends and the crowd cheers passionately. Kyle chuckles, throws a kiss into the air, turns around and slowly walks away. Stan can't help staring at his ass. Fuck. What is wrong with his brain? "What a gem! Give it up for eye candy Java and this 3 minute escape from reality. Next up our beloved Rio who makes every crowd go crazy with his Brazilian temperament!" Stan pays no attention as the next dancer enters the right stage. He can't think about anything else but Kyle and his beautiful smile and the question why in the world he would ever be a stripper. Yes, he is gorgeous, of course. And apparently also very athletic. But the Kyle Stan knows is also very intelligent and ambitious. He was born to be successful. A stripper in a small club somewhere in Chicago? Not the career Stan expected.

And then there he is again, at the bar ordering a drink. But now he is wearing jeans and a print tee. Stan gets up before he can think about it and starts walking towards him. He just has to talk to him and find out what's going on. He arrives at the bar. And? What is he going to say now? Nice ass? "H-hey." Kyle turns around and starts to smile. "Hey there, what's up?" Stan clears his throat and tries to sound cool, relaxed. He isn't sure if it works. "Java...that's not your real name, right?" "Of course not! It's my
artist name when I'm dancing. To protect my identity, you know." Stan nods quickly. Stupid question. "Sorry I've never been to a strip club before. This world is completely foreign to me." Kyle raises both eyebrows, smiling with the straw in in his mouth. Stan feels a sudden urge to kiss him. "And are you enjoying yourself?" He shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. Reducing somebody onto their body and seeing them as...sex objects is kind of bizarre to me. Not that I judge anyone who enjoys it, it's just not for me." "So you're a nice guy." Kyle keeps grinning. "No, no. I'm not saying this to sound nice, I just-" "Calm down, I'm just joking." Stan nods. And then has to look at Kyle's lips again. Concentrate! "I actually walked over to tell you that I was really impressed by your pole dancing. I've never seen it done professionally before but it looked amazing and I bet it takes a lot of training to be able to do all these things in the air." Kyle's face changes. Is he...blushing? "Thank you. It definitely takes a lot of dedication. Most of us don't do that sort of stuff because pole dancing isn't actually a stripper thing but I think it can be quite sexy as well and amaze people. Like you." "Yeah definitely." Kyle gently pushes a curl out of his face. "Are you staying a bit longer?" That's a tough question. The last dream had ended because Kenny woke him up, not because he wanted to. So until he figures out how to exit dreams on his own, he'll have to adapt to his head. "Yeah I think so." "Good, then you'll need a drink." Kyle points at his glass and winks. "I'll have to drive home later, so..." "Ah a responsible nice guy then, I like that." Kyle turns back to the bartender to order something. The sentence with the car wasn't Stan's idea. The voice in his head, the intruder, pushed it out of him. These dreams would definitely be more fun if he wasn't being controlled by some higher entity like a Barbie doll. Kyle turns back to him, in his hand a glass filled with a pink liquid. Stan raises an eyebrow and takes it. "Pink lemonade. Lemon, cranberry and raspberry. I have it all the time. Try it!" Stan takes a sip and waits a second for the flavor to sink into his tongue. It is surprisingly refreshing and not as sweet as he would have imagined. "That's good!" "I know right? What's your name by the way?" "Stan." Kyle bites his lower lip and slowly nods. "Stan. I'll remember that. Okay I have to go backstage now but...maybe I'll see you later." "Y-yeah, sure. Totally." Kyle smiles one last time and then walks away.