chapter twenty

millie's pov:

i was going to meet finn on the top of the seven eleven roof top, the usual. i put on a white sweatshirt with some black ripped jeans and my converse. my hair was in dutch braids, and i put my black coat on before walking down the stairs. i made sure i had everything in my backpack, like my polaroid, my phone, all of that stuff.

i walked into the living room where my mom was sat with polly and emmy. polly was playing with a ball, and emmy was sleeping. my mom was watching some sort of show on the tv whilst drinking coffee. the room was dimly lit with a few yankee candles and the light from the tv.

"i'm going to meet finn at seven-eleven." i told her.

"okay, sweetie. don't be any later than nine and if you're going to be late, call me." she said.

"okay. bye mom, love you." i said.

"bye, mills. love you too." she replied.

i walked out of the door, and down the streets to seven eleven. i watched as very few cars went down the street, and the big light signalling that i was at seven eleven. i didn't see finn's car there yet, so he must not of gone yet. he never really went anywhere without his car.

i climbed up the ladders, and to my surprise, finn was sat there. he turned to face me, and i smiled, sitting next to him.

"i have an idea." he said.

"which is?" i asked.

"instead of watching the stars, we can go on a walk. i figured that we never really walk anywhere because i always have my car." he said.

i smiled, "sure."

we both got up and walked down the ladders. he went first, and i went second. the sky was already dark, and stars were already out. finn put his soft had in my own, and we started to walk down the streets.

"where should we go?" he asked.

"let's go to the park." i suggested.

he smiled, "you're such a child."

"shut up." i laughed.

he gave me one last cheeky smile before we both walked to the park. i hadn't been to the park in years, so it was weird to be back there.

"oh my god, i used to love the monkey bars." he said, running to them.

i laughed loudly and followed him. i watched as he attempted to do the monkey bars, he succeeded for three of them, but fell off afterwards. i laughed at him, sitting on a grassy hill and looking up to the sky.

i felt his presence next to me, and smiled.

"mills?" he said.

"yes?" i replied.

"i need to ask you something."

i felt my heart start to beat a little faster, "okay."

he sat in front of me and looked at me with his very dark eyes. the only little bit of light in them was the moon reflecting from them. the moonlight brought out all of his freckles and the way his curls fell over his face. he looked down to the grass, then back at me.