chapter fourteen

millie's pov:

finn and i were sat at the top of seven eleven in our usual spot drinking cherry slushies and eating m&m's. it had been a while since we watched the stars together, and i missed it a lot. the sky was extra clear, so there was a bunch of stars, and a full moon.

although the sky was beautiful, the person next to me was even more beautiful. we were still in party clothes, so we looked a little over dressed to be watching the stars on a seven eleven rooftop. i looked at finn, and he looked back and me and took my hand within his own.

"are you okay?" he asked.

"i'm great, are you?" i asked.

"i am, but i feel like there is something that i need to do." he said.

i furrowed my eyebrows, "and what is that?"

he looked down at our hands, then back up at me, then back down again. it looked like he was nervous, and i was just so confused. it was like that for one whole minute until his hand removed itself from my own, and his eyes made very deep contact with mine.

"i-i need to do this." he replied.

he quickly smashed his lips onto mine, putting his hand on my cheek. it caught me off guard, but i soon kissed him back. sparks flew all over, like that one kiss was the one missing piece to a nearly-completed jigsaw puzzle.

i put my hands on the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me. i was chest to chest with the guy i was in deep, deep like with, under the stars. our lips were connected, and so were our souls. i was thankful for that.

he softly pulled away after a few minutes, and stared into my eyes. i let out a breath that i didn't realise i was holding in, and so did he.

"wow." i said quietly with my hand still on his cheek.

"i'm sorry." he replied, getting up.

"sorry for what?" i asked, sitting up too.

"for all of that, i just assumed that you feel the same way that i do about you. i'm not always one to talk about my feelings, but i like you, a lot. i don't know why i kissed you without asking but-"

i cut off his train of words with a huge hug, we didn't say anything, we just hugged. i felt his heart beat so close to mine once again, and i adored the feeling.

"i like you too." i replied. "you didn't have to ask, i enjoy being caught off guard."

*

we were at finn's house, and i was in his bathroom, getting changed into my pyjamas. i was wearing some grey fabric shorts with a white crop top and white ankle socks. finn wae getting changed in his room, and i was waiting for him to tell me that he's ready so i didn't walk in on him getting changed.

"mills, i'm ready." i heard him say.

i walked out of the bathroom to see him already sat in his bed. he had a burgundy hoodie on with some grey sweatpants and his nike socks. he looked as cute as always. milo was on his lap, my mom had basically claimed my cat as she loved her.