chapter ten

millie's pov:

we all sat in a circle, at the sides of me were caleb and noah. finn was opposite me, next to finn was sadie, and gaten. the first person to start was noah, so he had to ask me a question. i rolled my eyes, i did not like that game at all. the last time i played it at a party i attended, it caused a lot of trouble.

i looked around the circle, and caught eyes with finn. he gave me a little smile before looking back down at his crossed legs. noah stuck his hand in a little tub filled with little pieces of folded up paper that had questions written on them.

he opened it and leant over, with a whispering tone. "who is your best friend?"

"well that's boring, obviously noah." i said aloud.

i grabbed the coin and flipped it, it landed on heads, which meant that noah would have to say the question aloud. everyone looked at each other, waiting to know what the question was.

"the question was, who is your best friend. screw you all, i'm the best friend." noah said, flipping everyone off.

it went around the circle a few times before it landed on finn. sadie picked up a piece of paper up and unfolded it. finn looked very zoned out, like he was thinking. sadie leant over and whispered something in his ear. his eyes went wide and he shuffled uncomfortably.

"millie." he answered, sadie gasped loudly.

"oh, come on! we have to know what it's about now!" noah said.

finn flipped the coin, and it landed on tails. i rolled my eyes, it wasn't fair. i wanted to know what the question was. it was already exposed that noah had his eyes on one person in this room, meaning that one person was a boy. i hadn't decided which one it was yet.

everybody else's had landed on tails, so none of us had an idea of anybodies secrets at all. we decided to finish the game after going around the circle once. sadie was getting annoyed with how we weren't finding out anything, she was too impatient.

"that game sucked." gaten rolled his eyes.

"indeed." i said, sitting next to finn.

we all decided to watch a movie, and caleb and sadie walked up the stairs to get some blankets after gaten told them where they were. gaten was ordering pizza, noah flicked through netflix, and finn flicked through random dvd's.

i sat on the sofa, just watching everyone do what they were doing.

"stand by me, a classic." finn said, holding up the dvd.

"boring, too much of an 80's movie." noah replied.

"nothing can ever be too much of an 80's movie. 80's movies are the best, creep." finn replied, "like grease."

"grease is also trash." noah said.

"you're trash!" finn clapped back. "so what do you watch, alvin and the chipmunks?"

"alvin and the chipmunks is a good movie. actually, gaten reminds me a little of theodore."  noah said.

"hey! i do not! you're more like theodore, short ass." gaten said.

sadie and caleb came back downstairs with all of the bankets and haded us all one. finn sat next to me and we both got under the blankets. we decided on watching the greatest showman, which was of course noah's choice.

the lights got turned off and we all sat in silence, watching the movie. i looked to the other side of the living room where noah and gaten were squished onto the chair, watching the movie. gaten's arm was slightly on noah's lap, and they were extremely close to each other.

i turned to finn to see that he was already looking at them both with a little smirk on his face. i didn't know gaten's sexuality, but it was becoming pretty obvious that he and noah had a very large love/hate relationship. it was like one of those thing's that children do. if you like them, you're mean to them. in a way of 'flirting.'

"pizza!" gaten yelled as he heard the door bell ring. he jumped up and ran out of the room.

"fat ass." noah snickered, looking back at the tv.

"you weren't saying that when you were both cuddled up." caleb winked.

finn laughed, "naten, or goah?"

"naten would make more sense. wait, hey! no way! it's not like that, i don't like him at all, not even as a friend!" noah said, crossing his arms.

"yeah, you like him more than a friend. it's pretty obvious, noah." sadie said, i nodded in agreement.

"fine then, if that's the case, millie and finn like each other, and you and caleb like each other." noah said to sadie.

"what? when did i ever come into this relationship equation?" finn said, his cheeks going slightly red.

"pizza is served motherfuckers." gaten yelled, walking into the living room and handing us all pizza.

we all started to eat pizza and continued to watch the movie. around ten minutes later i heard finn gasp. we all looked at him as he held his stomach in pain. he put his plate on the sofa and leant his head back.

"finn, what's happening? are you okay?" sadie asked, rushing to his side.

"my stomach feels like it's flipping." he said, standing up and crouching over.

"stay sat down, i-i'll get you some water and call my mom." gaten said in panic as he rushed into the kitchen.

i didn't know what to do, he looked too sick for me to even comprehend. his face had gone all white and his hands shook vigorously. all i could think of doing was taking his hand in a manner of comfort. he seemed as though he appreciated it, he held my hand tighter.

gaten came back in with finn's water, and caleb helped him drink it as he wasn't strong enough. he fell backwards, and his eyes began to shut. we were all panicking. i felt myself becoming more and more scared as finn's eyes rolled to the back of his eyes.

around a minute later, gaten's mom and finn's mom quickly burst through the door. finn's mom quickly rushed to finn and held his face within her hands.

"you're okay baby, breathe." his mom said, stroking his cheek comfortingly.

"i-i can't." finn replied, his voice sounded weak and quiet.

"you can, baby. if you couldn't, you wouldn't be speaking. you're just panicking yourself. calm down." she said.

i looked at sadie who had tears running down her face, and gaten who was scared as hell. i was going to let go of finn's hand but he just gripped it tighter when he felt me move. his breathing started to get more clearer, and he soon sat up and let go of my hand.

"i-i'm really sorry, guys. i'm just gonna go home." finn said before quickly walking out of the door.

•••••

:(