chapter seven

millie's pov:

morning came quickly, i hadn't slept at all. my mind was openly thinking, and it wouldn't switch off, it wasn't ready to sleep. finn had told me to go to his house at eleven am because his mom weren't home. it was ten thirty. i didn't have the effort to move, but for finn, i think i could of moved at least a thousand miles.

i put on some grey leggings and a white wallows sweatshirt that i bought when i went to their concert last year. i put my hair into a ponytail and put on some white socks with my vans before brushing my teeth and heading off to finn's house. he told me his address, so i was quick to find my way to his house.

he had a very large house, it was white colour. his grass was neatly cut with a few plants and a little bird bath in the corner. i walked up the little door steps and knocked on the red door. i waited patiently for finn to open the door. he answered around two minutes later, he was wearing some black shorts and a white t-shirt.

he smiled, "hi, come in."

"hey. how are you feeling?" i asked as i stepped in.

"i'm okay, i guess. i still feel a little sick and tired. but i'm getting closer to okay." he shrugged.

his house was grey themed, it had a bunch of pictures of him and his family all over the walls in cute little frames. we walked up to his bedroom, which was a black colour, but not pitch black, just a light black. it had a few guitars on the walls, and a bunch of trophies on a shelf. his bed was in the corner, and he had other stuff like a closet and things. his room was very tidy to say that it belonged to a teenage boy.

there was a drum set, and a keyboard too. he had said he loved music, but i didn't think he actually played all of those instruments. there were three guitars, one was red, which was a bass guitar. the other was baby blue and white, and the last one was yellow. i didn't know what type the other two were, only the bass.

"what are the trophies for?" i asked, looking at them.

"oh, those? they're from when i played soccer. i gave up around two years ago, for music. but now i think about it, i'm giving music up too." he said, sitting down.

"what type of music do you play?" i asked, sitting on his bed.

"i'm in a band, well, sometimes. i join in when i feel like it now, it's like indie, rock, all that stuff. i'm the singer, but now my friend ayla from school does the singing when i'm not there, which is most of the time." he answered.

"do you like billie eilish?" i asked.

he shrugged, "i don't really see the big deal, some of her songs are okay."

"do you like wallows?" i asked.

he nodded quickly, "i love wallows, i have that sweatshirt in grey. i like rex orange county, the 1975, mumford and sons, things like that."

"i love rex orange county. which is your favourite song?" i asked.

"probably, best friend." he replied.

"really? mine is loving is easy." i said.

we sat and spoke about music for ages, and talking to him, i forgot about how tired i actually was. i felt alive, and tiredness didn't cross my mind once. he told me about all of his friends from private school, and then, we got onto the subject of his ex girlfriend, ellie.

"why did you guys break up?" i asked, "if you don't mind talking about it."

"she's manipulative. i wasn't allowed to speak to girls, but she was allowed to speak to guys because i'm not concerned about that, i trusted her. i shouldn't of trusted her, at all. she ended up breaking up with me, but she regrets her decision. i'm not ever going to get back into a relationship with her." he rolled his eyes.

"i had a boyfriend before, jacob. he was horrible too, all he ever wanted was to get in my pants. i never let him, and that's why he ended up breaking up with me." i said.

"that's all most guys want now, it's who can get more boy points or something. i think it's stupid. i could never just give my body to somebody i had no feelings towards." he said, i nodded.

he ran a hand through his hair, and a little bit of hair fell out. he gasped as he realised what was happening, he was loosing his hair due to the chemo. i frowned, we weren't going to be able to dye our hair like he wanted if he didn't have any, so we would have to do it soon.

"i hate this part." he groaned, "it took me so long to grow my hair back last time."

"we should dye our hair soon, i don't want you to miss out on that." i told him.

he nodded, "we could do it today. my mom gets back in two hours, but you can still stay."

"okay." i replied.

"do you wanna go to the store and get some? we can go soon, you can do mine and i'll do yours. i can't promise yours will be good but i can try." he said.

"that's fine by me. we're going to have to bleach it first, right?" i questioned.

"probably, yes. but your hair is already pretty light, so i don't think we will have to bleach yours, and it's best not to bleach mine." he said. "we can just see how it goes." 

"okay." i smiled.

i laid my head back onto his pillow, and he laid next to me. we were just laid in silence until finn's bedroom door burst open and a little boy ran in, it was zion, finn's younger brother. i recognised him from the photograph.

"you guys are home early." finn said, sitting up, as did i.

"i know, mom said it's too cold to stay outside. you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend." zion said, looking at me.

"because she's not my girlfriend, that's why i didn't tell you. now can you leave my room please?" finn asked.

as finn tried to get his little brother out of his room, his mom walked in. she had dark hair just like finn's, and she was pretty small. she was pretty, though. she looked to be in her forties. finn put his brother down and looked at his mom, then looked at me, then looked back to his mom.

"mom, this is millie, millie, this is my mom." finn said with a huff.

"you can call me winona, you're a pretty girl!" his mom smiled, "is she your girlfriend?"

"no." finn replied.

"shame, you'd make a great couple." she said, causing me to go red in the cheeks.

"thanks? now could you both please leave my room? also, we're dying our hair." finn told her.

her eyes widened, "what colour?"

"millie is dying hers pink, i'm dying mine purple." he said.

"well, good luck to you both. come on, zion, lets leave them alone." his mom said.

they both left the room and finn looked at me, letting out a laugh before shutting his bedroom door. he sat opposite me and looked directly at me.

"are you sure you wanna dye your hair? i don't want you to feel like you have to." he said.

"i want to." i smiled.

•••••••

they're cute omg