chapter six

finn's pov:

it was the day of my chemo, and i had woken up in the worst mood ever. i really wasn't ready to feel all of the pain and exhaustion again. it wasn't the chemo that was the worst part, it was the after affects. i didn't know why that had to happen to me, why i had to have such a terrible illness, what did i ever do wrong?

i put on some comfortable clothes, which was some black nike shorts and a grey sweatshirt. i put on some white socks before walking downstairs. ally and zion were already sat at the table as my mom cooked breakfast. i sat at the table, putting my head down.

"are you tired, honey?" my mom asked, putting her hand on my back.

"yeah." i replied.

"your dad will be here in around ten minutes, then we'll take you to hospital. ally and zion are going to aunt maeve's house." she said.

"i hate aunt maeve." zion huffed.

"we all hate aunt maeve." ally rolled her eyes.

"don't be mean to aunt maeve." i said, laughing a little.

my siblings hated aunt maeve, i never knew why. she was rich, and she was really kind. she always bought me everything i wanted when i was younger, but to be completely honest, i think she only felt bad because i was sick, and that's why she loved me so much.

however, our cousin, oliver, was also very rich. he was spoilt, and he was horrible. aunt maeve thought that he was the perfect child, when he really wasn't. he was fifteen years old. we got into a fight one time, and i got all of the blame, but she forgave me. oliver didn't like zion, which i didn't like that. zion was my little brother, and i didn't let anybody be horrible to him.

my mom handed us all our breakfast, which was pancakes, eggs, bacon and some other things. my dad walked through the door a few minutes later, i had half a pancake hanging out of my mouth as he looked at me.

"you just don't change do you, kid." he laughed, ruffling my curls.

"make sure you drink your water, finn. you need to he hydrated." my mom said, handing me a water bottle.

i put my empty plate in the sink and put on my shoes, my dad made me put a coat on as it was apparently cold outside. we walked outside to the car, ally sat next to me and rested her head on my arm. zion was playing on his ipad, my dad was driving and my mom was in the passenger seat.

i felt my phone vibrate from my pocket, i furrowed my eyebrows as i pulled it out. i had a bunch of good luck texts from everybody. i smiled a little before replying to all of them, and putting my phone back into my pocket.

"can't i just come to the hospital instead?" zion asked as we pulled up at aunt maeve's house.

"no, zee. you have to stay with aunt maeve. we will only be a few hours." my mom answered.

"bye finnie, good luck." ally said, hugging me.

"thank you." i replied, hugging her back.

ally was always the sweet, quiet child. due to that, she got bullied a lot because she would never stand up for herself. she always tried to see the best in people, but the world was too cruel for ally. she was definitely too kind for the world.

once they went to aunt maeve's house, we made our way to the hospital. i had to drink a lot of water, and before i knew it, i was in a hospital gown, and the chemo started.

*

i woke up with the most horrible headache, i felt sick and my head was spinning. i was attached up to so many machines. there was nobody in the hospital room with me. i looked around, my vision was still a little blurry, but it was okay.

i looked to my right where there was a little window and noticed that it was already pretty dark, and the stars were out. my mind drifted off to millie, and how she was most probably sat on the roof of seven eleven, taking photos and enjoying her time. i smiled at the thought of her.

"oh great, you're awake." my mom said as she walked into my room, "the nurse suggested that you eat something."

"mom, i can't. i feel too sick." i told her.

i know, sweetie, but you still have to eat. just have a few of these chicken nuggets and see how you feel afterwards." she said, handing me them.

"i hate this, i just wanna go home." i said, coughing.

"i know, and if i could take your place i would. you're strong, you'll get through it in no time." she said, "i'll be back in around thirty minutes, i have to go and pick up zion and ally. your friends can visit you too, and if you feel like throwing up, theres a bucket to your left."

"alright, thanks mom." i said.

as she walked out, i attempted to eat the chicken nuggets that she gave me. as soon as i swallowed one, everything i had eaten all day came back up. i threw up into the bucket repeatedly as i heard the door open, i couldn't look up to see who it was.

"oh, jesus." i heard the voice of sadie as she patted my back. "you're okay."

i sat up to see sadie, millie and noah. i smiled at them all before quickly putting my pained head back into the pillow. they sat on my bed with me and spoke.

"i slapped ellie." sadie said, making my jaw drop.

"why?" i asked.

"who's ellie?" noah asked.

"it's finn's ex girlfriend. and because she was crying, telling everyone that you guys are in love and she's heart broken because you might not make it. i slapped her because he annoyed me, she's such an attention seeker." sadie rolled her eyes.

i smiled, "are you suspended?"

"only for a day." she shrugged.

"oh that's okay then, i won't be stuck with gaten." i said. "anything happen at your school?"

"not really, except the fact i have tons of homework." millie said, huffing.

"where is gaten?" i asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"he didn't want to come and see you like this. it hurts him too much." sadie said, looking down. "but it's okay, because this isn't gonna be for long!"

sadie put on a fake smile that was so obviously fake. i frowned a little, i didn't like to see her sad, she faked her emotions all the time, she didn't like to show that things bothered her, but i knew that they did.

"yeah, it wont be." i said, quietly.

but in my head, i knew that this time, the cancer wouldn't be cured. it was just going to grow. my body was too weak to take it all on again, but i would never say that in front of anybody else, because i still had a little hope left.

••••••