chapter nine

finn's pov:

i stood in front of the stupidly large school next to my car as i waited for sadie and gaten to hurry up so i could give them a ride home. it was friday, so we were all staying at gaten's house. i couldn't wait to spend the night with millie once again, i slept the best when i was in her arms. it was like my happy place, and all of my worries faded away.

i looked up at the sky, the clouds were turning grey, like it was about to pour down with rain once again. i rolled my eyes, getting into my car to protect myself from the cold. just like my mom said, i couldn't risk myself getting more sick. i was waiting for around ten minutes before i decided that sadie was taking so long, and it wasn't usual for her to be that late.

it was usually gaten that was late, never sadie. but i was cut off with my train of thoughts once the car door opened and both of them sat down. sadie in the front, and gaten in the back.

"what took you both so long?" i asked, starting to drive out of the parking lot.

"mr stupid ass over here got himself in an argument with a thirteen year old girl for getting the last peace of chocolate cake at one of the little bake sales." sadie rolled her eyes.

"she knew i wanted it! i heard her talking about getting the shortbread, but i mentioned the chocolate cake so she bought it." gaten said in an annoyed tone.

i laughed loudly, "gaten, she's thirteen. you can't be arguing with thirteen year olds, you're almost eighteen."

"you're telling me this as if i actually care about a random thirteen year old more than precious chocolate cake, finn." gaten answered.

gaten had an obsession with all things chocolate since the day i met him when we were nine years old. he was the new kid, and nobody wanted to be his friend because he had no teeth, they thought he was weird. so sadie and i took it upon ourselves to befriend the toothless chubby kid, which was the best thing i had personally ever done.

gaten made me laugh through my darkest days when all i wanted to do was sit home and go through anxiety attacks, and when i had cancer when i was younger, we would play at the park to take my mind off of the pain of the side affects. he truly was the perfect friend.

"i'll see you in an hour, gaten." i said along with a laugh.

"you sure will, curly! see you soon!" he said as he got out of the car and ran into his house.

after gaten ran into his house, i took sadie home too, before going to my own house. i walked through the door to see zion running around with a toy car making zooming noises. i walked into the living room where my mom was, and sat on the chair next to her.

she looked at me with a smile, then looked back down. she didn't look okay, she looked upset, yet i didn't know what about. i furrowed my eyebrows before standing up and sitting next to her.

"are you okay?" i asked.

a tear ran down her face as she shook her head no. i quickly pulled her into a hug as i heard her little cries. seeing my mom cry was the most painful thing in the world, i hated to see her cry, it made me want to cry myself.

"what's wrong?" i asked.

"i'm scared, finn. i'm scared that i'm going to loose you." she said, pulling away from the hug. "you're my oldest baby, the person that zion and ally look up to. i just can't let you go."

"i'm gonna fight my hardest not to, mom. as hard as it may be, i'll try. i promise you that i'll fight my way through this, please don't cry." i replied.

*

my mood wasn't the same after seeing my mom cry, i was sat in my car, thinking about everything. my death was really going to break my family, and it was something that i couldn't get off my mind. i shook my head and started to drive to gaten's house.

i got there and knocked on the door, he answered and let me in. everyone was already in the room, so i just sat down on the sofa and looked at everyone who was already in convocation. of course, gaten and noah were arguing as usual.

"hello!" said the prettiest girl, millie.

"hey." i replied, resting my head on her shoulder.

"have you had a good day? i have! my grandma came over after school and saw my hair, she told me that i looked like cotton candy, or a power-puff girl. it was the first time seeing her in around six months." she said with the most bright smile on her face.

"that's great. a girl called aubrey called me a blueberry, i don't like her, so it wasn't as amusing. she called me a blueberry, so i called her a rat. the teacher shouted at me, but that's okay." i shrugged.

"finn! you can't call people rats." she laughed.

"she can't call me blueberry, plus, she is a rat. we have never gotten along, ever. she pulled my hair in kindergarten, ever since we haven't been friends." i explained.

"shut your ass up, you tiny dwarf looking asshole!" gaten yelled, making us all look at him.

"haha! asshole." noah mocked gatens lisp, making us all laugh.

"i want to play whispers." caleb said out of the blue.

"yes! yes! my type of guy!" noah yelled, giving caleb a high five.

"what does that mean?" sadie asked, gaten and i looked at them all in confusion.

"oh my gosh, private school kids, dude!" caleb jokingly rolled his eyes, "we all sit in a circle, and the person next to you asks you a question, and then you say the answer out loud. then you flip a coin, if it lands on heads, the person next to you has to say the question out loud, if it lands on tails, they stay quiet and just leave everyone confused."

"sounds like fun, i'm in." sadie said.

"me too." gaten and i said.

•••••••

the game will be next chapter :)
this was just a filler chapter