chapter eight

millie's pov:

we had bought the hair dyes, and finn had chosen a light blue instead of purple. i had a pastel pink colour. we went into finn's own bathroom and he sat on the side of the bath. we decided that i'd dye finn's hair first, then he would dye mine whilst we waited for his.

i turned on the shower and wetted finn's hair before putting the gloves on, then going in with the dye. as i rubbed it into his scalp, some of his hair fell out in my hand. i gasped quietly, but it seemed as though he noticed.

"what happened?" he asked,

"your hair. some of it fell out, not a lot though." i told him.

"it's okay." he sighed, "just carry on."

i continued to do his hair, and soon enough i had finished. he had gotten some hair ties from ally's room, so i put his hair into a little bun so the hair dye didn't get everywhere.

"do you have a shirt on under your sweatshirt? i'd recommend taking the sweatshirt off because it's white and it'll get hair dye on it." he told me as he shook up the bottle.

"yeah, okay." i said.

i took off the sweatshirt, leaving me in my black sports bra that i had on. he was unbelievably close to me as he put the dye on my hair. his touch was so gentle on my head as he put the water on it. he put the dye on, then started rubbing it into my scalp.

it took around five minutes for him to put all of the hair dye on, then i put my hair into a little bun, just like finn's. when i turned around, i noticed him taking a picture of me. he caught me off guard, so the picture was absolutely disgusting.

"finn! delete it!" i said, trying to reach for his phone, "i look so ugly!"

"no you don't, it's cute." he said, running away from me.

i felt a blush coming to my cheeks which i tried to hide, but i didn't do a very good job. he looked at me and noticed that i was blushing, he laughed loudly, and did a fake pout. i put my head in my hands to try and hide the fact that i was going even more red.

"i'm sorry, i'll stop." he said with a smile.

"thank you." i replied with a little laugh.

"we should all have a sleepover one night, me, you, sadie, gaten, noah and caleb. don't you think?" he asked.

i nodded, "of course. that would be so fun."

we planned a sleepover for a while whilst we waited for the dye to be ready to wash out. once we decided that it was time to wash it out, we both went to the bathroom and washed it all out. i put my hair into a towel and looked up, finn was drying his hair with a towel, when he took the towel off, his hair was fully blue. i gasped.

"did it go right?" he asked.

"it looks amazing." i smiled.

he turned around and looked in the mirror, his jaw dropped to the floor, then curved into a smile. i took my towel off and looked in the mirror too, my hair was fully pink. it looked different, but it was a good different.

"it looks so cool." finn said, smiling.

"we look so different." i said, "i wonder what my mom is gonna think."

"wait, you didn't tell her?" he gasped.

"no, she's barely ever home, so she probably wouldn't even notice." i shrugged.

he nodded, "right, okay."

we decided to watch a movie, we were watching elf, the christmas movie. i felt myself start to dose off due to the fact i had no sleep. i tried to keep my eyes open for as long as i could, but it just wasn't possible.

*

i woke up to the feeling of me in somebodies arms, i furrowed my eyebrows and looked to my side. there was finn, he had his arms wrapped around me and his head rested on my chest. we were both on top of the covers, and it was already dark outside.

i gasped as i turned around and checked the time, it was three fifty-two am. i gasped loudly, which caused finn to stir and eventually opened his eyes.

"sorry, i'm a cuddle sleeper." he said, realising he was hugging me and pulled his arms away.

"finn, it's three am." i said.

"wait, what?" he said in shock, "have you texted your mom?"

"no, but she hasn't texted me either. i'll text her now." i said.

i left my mom a text, telling her where i was. she didn't reply, so i shut my phone off and laid back down. finn looked at me with a little smile.

"well, i guess since you're staying over, you can't sleep in your clothes. do you want some shorts?" he asked.

"i don't mind." i replied.

"i'll get you some." he said.

he got out of bed and looked in his closet. he got me one of his white t-shirts and some grey shorts. he gave them to me, so i walked into his bathroom to get changed. i looked at myself in the mirror and noticed my hair once again. i looked so different with pastel pink hair, i couldn't help but wonder what everyone else would think.

finn looked amazing with blue hair, it was really his look. i walked back into his room to see him under the covers, almost falling back to sleep. i laughed a little as he held his arms out.

"hug me please i'm cold." he said.

i smiled before hugging him tightly. i played with his hair as he fell asleep. i felt his heart beat against my chest, and little snores escaped his mouth. it was little moments like that which i knew i would remember forever.

feeling his heartbeat against my own was something i may not of ever got to experience again, and i made the most of it. i was falling for him harder and harder every single night. it worried me, because i knew i'd only get heart broken in the end. heart break that only a death could cause.

••••••••

❣️