Chapter 29

Blair's POV

It's been three days since Zack died.
I actually never thought I'd be saying those words in my life ever. Today is the day that Zack's parents are coming back from their trip. I have no idea how to tell them that their son is dead. It's going to ruin them. They lost both their sons. Both of which I knew. Both of which died in my arms.

I pace around the living room wondering how I'm going to tell them. A hand grabs my shoulders stopping me. "Just tell them the truth." Jax says. "No, she can't do that...there is something called sympathy that you should learn about." Caleb says.

"I know what sympathy is....I just don't choose to use it most of the times." Jax says. "Yeah that explains your personality." Caleb mutters. "Excuse me, what?''Jax asks. "I said, that's why your personality is terrible." Caleb snaps. "My personality is amazing and Blair would agree...right Blair?" He turns around to get my agreement but I'm already walking off to the kitchen.

"Well who cares if she agrees or not, at least I have a better personality than you!" Jax shouts. "What's wrong with my personality?" Caleb asks. "Oh, I don't know...maybe it's the fact that you have too much personality." Jax counters. "Well it's certainly better than yours." Caleb says.

I roll my eyes and go to the window outlooking the driveway. A black SUV approaches. I feel to puke. "Oh shit they're here." Sam says beside me. He sounds more nervous than me. Quickly turning away from the window, Sam runs out of the kitchen screaming. "Guys shut up, they're here!!!!" He screams.

I slowly walk into the living room and take a seat on the grey couch. Sam and Caleb sits beside me and Jax sits on the single chair. We face the door. It opens and laughter fills the silent room. Then they turn towards us. "Oh, you scared me!" Kate, Zack's mom says. "Sorry." I apologise. "Who is that?" Michael, Zack's dad asks. I realise who he's pointing to. "That's Jax, he's a friend of mine." I say. "Where's Zack?" Kate asks. "Mrs. Ryder I think you should sit down for this." Sam says. Immediately a worried expression appears on her face. "And where's Millie?" Mr Ryder asks. I feel so sick. I force myself to hold the tears in. I don't wait for them to sit down. "They're both dead!" I blurt out.

Kate slowly falls onto the chair. "What?" She whispers. "I'm so sorry, it's all my fault and I should've stayed away from him the moment I realsied who he was." I say as tears stream down my face. "He-I don't understand." Michael says, his face as pale as paper. "Mr and Mrs Ryder, Millie wanted to kill Blair so she locked us in a room, stabbed Jax, held a knife to Blair's neck and shot Zack." Sam says sympathetically. Kate reaches for Michael, he engulfs her into a hug as she cries. "Then where is Millie?" Michael asks. "Dead." Caleb says. Kate unlatches from Michael and stares me straight into my teary eyes. "What do you mean this is your fault?" She asks. I was about to answer but Sam grabs my hand. "She means that if Zack hadn't jumped in front of Blair, the bullet would've hit her and he'd still be alive." Same says.

Kate unsteadily walks up to me and cups my face. "Then honey, it isn't your fault. Zack really loved you, he literally died for you." She smiles sadly and wipes the tears from my face. "He'll be with Luke now and our memories of him will always be filled with happiness." She says. I shake my head and release her from the hug. "His body is in the ballroom." I say rising from my seat.
"I may not have been a parent for long but, at least I raised my two boys right." She says taking a deep breath. Michael puts his arm around her and they head towards the ballroom to view Zack's body.
***

"Why didn't you tell them the truth?" I ask. "They've lost so much and although the they're strong, they would've blamed you for both of their son's deaths and none of us want that." Caleb explains. "I deserve it." I say gripping my hair. "I knew I should've stayed away from the first day we met, but I got attached like I always do." I say with my head in my hands.
Suddenly a scream disturbs the eerie silence. We turn and see Kate and Michael running back to us. "He's not there!" Michael shouts. "What do you mean he's not there?" I ask. "Yeah we all carried him there." Jax says now alert. "When we went, there was just blood on the floor, nothing else." Kate says.

I turn to Caleb and Sam. "Could he have?" I ask. "No. Psycho Zack would have spilled all that information." Sam says. "Psycho what?" Michael asks. Jax pulls out his knives and stands in front of Kate and Michael. They both have very perplexed expressions on their faces. The lights begin to flicker and then shut off completely. "Guys..." I warn. We hear nothing. Not even the birds outside dare to tweet. Then, almost as if it sprung from thin air, a hand juts out and pulls me forward. My scream echoes in the house and I feel myself falling as if it was in slow motion.

I fall on top of something that feels hard but at the same time soft. The lights turn on and I see what I'm on top of. Anger fuels me and I stand up and pull him up with me. Zack stands tall with a proud grin on his face. His hair is messed up and his clothes are stained in blood. "I can't believe you faked your own death!" I yell. "I missed you too." He says. "You are going to pay for this!" I seethe. I slide my leg under his and attempt to trip him but he jumps over it and grabs onto my hand. "Come on Quinn, you have to try harder than that." He muses. He pulls me forward and slowly brings his head down to mine. My heart hammers in my chest. He tucks a strand of my hair behind my ear and cups my face with his hand. He kisses me gently not caring who's watching. Then he engulfs me into a tight hug. "You told me that you'd get me help and I believed you." He says softly. I wrap my arms around him as my anger fades and happiness replaces it.
I hear a chorus of awws behind me and then Sam, Caleb, Kate, Michael and evening Jax joins us in a group hug.

The end.

A/N
I owe you guys many apologies for not updating. I was figuring some things out and at one point I even decided to scrap all my stories but I realized that wouldn't have been fair to my readers and so I continued. I hope you liked this chapter and please share and vote. Thank you.