Chapter 28

Omg guys I have 2000 reads!!!!!!
Ahhhhh! I can't even!!! Thank you so much for reading IHY!

Blair's POV

I was sitting on the couch as Jax stares at me and Caleb stares at him. "What?" I ask. "Nothing." He says diverting his eyes. "So what are we gonna do now?" I ask. "We have to go see them." Caleb says rising from his seat. "But...I can't." I say. "Sparky, you can't feel pain anymore, you'll be fine." Jax says giving me a small smile. I look down at my wrist again and then I feel a weight beside me.

"You'll be fine." He says again. I take a deep breath and nod. "Okay, lets go." I say feeling a mix of emotions. We leave Jax's house and get into his car. Jax drives while talking about the plan. "Blair, stay behind me at all times. Caleb be aware of your surroundings and if any of them come back, they'll want Blair. We must make sure that they don't get to her." He says. Caleb nods his head in agreement.

We are getting closer to the house and I feel nauseous. Jax stops the car and we get out. "Jax, something feels wrong." I say quietly. "Like I said, you  are going to be okay." He says grabbing my hand and pulling me in the direction of the house. I take a deep breath in before Jax knocks on the door. Millie opens it not a second later. "Oh guys, you're here, thank goodness!" She says. "Blair, I'm so glad you're okay." She says opening the door wider for us to step in. "Um yeah, where's Zack?" Jax says getting to the point. "He's upstairs follow me." She says.

We walk up the stairs while I try to calm my emotions. Millie asks us how we've been and how she's so sad that Sam is corrupted. There is no hint of sadness in her voice. "He's in that room." She says opening a door for us. Jax and Caleb go in first and Millie smiles wider. I see her hand drift to her pocket and she pulls out a knife. "JAX!" I scream but it's too late. She pushes them in the room and stabs Jax when he almost got out. Then she locks the door and pushes me up against the wall. "Sam didn't get corrupted, I did." She says in a menacing voice.

"If you try anything, I won't hesitate to cut off your head." She says pushing me harder into the wall. "Understand?" She asks. I nod my head. She pulls me away from the wall and holds the knife to my neck. "Now, lets go see Zack." She says grinning. We walk down the stairs  and she leads me into a dark room.

I see the silhouette of a person near the window. Zack. He turns around and I see the upper corners of his lips rise. Oh no. "So what have you been up too?" He asks casually. My brows furrow in confusion. I don't answer. He looks a bit different but I can't tell what it is. He stares at me for a moment and then his eyes drift to Millie. "Leave." He orders her. She does as she's told.

"So really, what have you been doing all this time?" He asks sitting cross-legged on the bed beside him. When I don't speak he continues. "I know that you were stupid enough to come here."  He shifts on the bed so that his legs are stretched out. "And I know that you will be easy to kill now that you're hurt." He says. And I know that you're definitely not going to heaven. "So what are you waiting for? Get my torturing over with already." I say impatiently. "Not yet, Quinn I want to have a few more minutes with you." He says. Did he hit his head or something?

"Wait let me get this straight, you're basically saying that you're gonna miss me when I'm dead?" I ask. "I'm going to miss torturing you." He says. I think I hit my head way too hard on that dumbbell. I blink once, I blink twice. Then I take a deep breath in and breathe out to calm myself down. "Normally you'd be doing something sadistic by now." I say Zack makes a confused face and then he smiles evilly and walks up towards me. "I thought you'd never ask." He says leaning in towards me. I clench my teeth and knee him in his stomach. He grunts in pain and falls to the ground.

He wheezes and then I really notice it. His face is sunken in, cheekbones protruding. His eyes are wild, lost and he's thinner. He lays motionless on the wooden floor of the room. Do I leave him? Or tie him up? Or kill
him? I don't know what to do. I pace the room thinking about what I should do and then suddenly, an arm juts out and grabs my leg. I trip but don't fall.