Chapter 16

Zack's POV

"Wake up!" Someone shouts in my ear. I gasp from shock as my eyes fly open. I look around confused before realizing where I was. "Finally, I've been trying to get you up for an hour!" The person says. It was Caleb. "Oh hey." I say. "Don't oh hey me" he says, angry. "Are you okay? You look mad." I say. "Oh, I'm fine, really." Caleb says exasperated. "What's wrong? You-" I start. "I'll tell you what's wrong. What's wrong is that you lead Blair to her freaking doom!" He says. "What?" I ask, totally confused. "That's right, you lead the best thing that happened to you since your brother died walk right out of your front door without looking back....literally." Caleb says. He was furious and I was still in shock.

"MILLIE!" I shout. She walks into the room calmly before looking at me with a neutral expression. "Yes?" She questions. "What is wrong with Caleb? Did you give him something?" I ask. "The better question is WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" She shouts. The anger coming alive in her voice. "I don't even know what I did." I say defending myself. "Get up." She orders. I do. She hands me a piece of paper. "Read. It." She says. I read what it says and as soon as I'm finished I rip it apart. "You seriously believe this shit?" I ask laughing. "Yes." Caleb and Millie says. "Even Sam believes it." Caleb says. "Really? How dumb are you guys? She's just fooling us again. It isn't true." I say. Millie steps up to me slowly, she grabs the front of my shirt and pulls me towards her so that our noses are touching. "You are an idiot, a complete idiot. How on earth could you be so stupid?! Ugh, Zack I am disappointed in you, honestly." She says pushing me back.

Caleb and Mille glare at me as Sam walks in. "I see that you're awake." He says calmly, not very Sam-like. "Millie, Caleb will you leave us please?" Sam asks in that same voice. Mille and Caleb walk out of the room. "Have you come to annoy me with your stupidity as well?" I ask. "No." He says. "I've come to beat the stupidity out of you." He says watching me. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. "Excuse me?" I ask, my eyebrows raised. "Are you deaf? You heard what I said." Sam says. "What on earth has she done to you people?! You all act like you're brainwashed." I say. "The better question would be what has she done to you? Less than a day ago, you'd be agreeing with all of us and you'd be on your way to find her right now." Same says.

"What did she say to you?" He demands. "Nothing." I lie. "You're lying, I've been friends with you for 15 years, I'd know when you're lying." He says. "Fine, you really want to know, I'll tell you." I say. "She told me that she was going to leave, that she was happy my brother was dead, that there was one less person in the Ryder family to deal with." My voice breaks at the end. I fall down to my knees and place both my hands on my face. Sam kneels down beside me. "Do you think she really meant that?" He asks. I think of all the times we were happy together, all the times we were getting along. "No." I whisper. "Well then, get your ass off the floor and take us to find her!" He screams in my ear. I look at him with my hands over my ears. "I'm gonna be dead because of you." I deadpan. "See, you're back to yourself, I knew that would work." Sam teases.

I get off the floor and run out of the room to find Millie and Caleb waiting by the front door. "I see that you came to your senses." Millie says. "The person's name is Eliza. She is the one who is sending the notes and threats to Blair." Caleb says. "How do you know that?" I ask. "It's simple, the 3 is an E, the • is a L, the 8 is an i, the . is Z and the - is A." He says casually. "Wow." Sam says. "Caleb, you should be the doctor now....damn even I couldn't figure that out." Millie mutters. "How the hell do you end up failing your tests?" I ask. "That's a secret." He says smiling.

I realise that we're wasting time and run to my car. Everyone gets in and I drive to Jax's house. "Hey how do you know where he lives?" Sam asks. "Quinn." I say. "I see you're still mad at her." Caleb says. "How do you know?" I ask. "When you guys want each other dead, you call the other by their last name." Caleb says. "Again, how do you fail?" I ask. "A magician never reveals his secret." Caleb says.
I get out of the car and run up to Jax's front door. I knock on it and it is opened by an old man. "Yes?" He asks. "Is Jax here?" I ask. "Why do you want to know?" He asks. "Please, it's urgent. It's about Blair." I say. "Hold on for a minute." The man says and closes the door on my face. It opens moments later and I see Jax. "I see you're alive." He greets me. "Yeah but Quinn may not be." I say. "Come inside and bring your friends." He says looking suspiciously outside to see if anyone is there. "Um, ok." I say. I motion for them to get out of the car and follow me.