Chapter 25

Blair's POV.

I attempt to shift in my bed trying to get comfortable but the annoying sound of arguing wakes me up. My eyes are still closed and I am not a morning person. "Would you idiots shut the hell up, I'm trying to sleep!" I yell. All the arguing stops. I realise that I can't move and open my eyes. I'm sitting on the couch ask I'm tied up with rope. How lovely. Millie, Sam and Caleb all stare at me with furious expressions. "Hey." I greet. "Don't you dare 'hey' us. You shot us with sedative darts and jumped out the fucking window with Zack who turned into some psychotic asshole who is god knows where!" Caleb yells. "First of all, that wasn't me, that was her and secondly...damn." I say. "He basically spoke for all of us, so what I'd like to know is why are you back?" Millie asks. "Zack got captured and Eliza is probably on a killing spree." I say. "WHAT?!" They all shout. "That's why I came back here, to get help." I say. "Should I untie the rope?" Sam asks. "Wait, what if she flips agin?" Millie asks. "The only reason I'll flip is if I hear or see something I really, really hate." I say. "Okay, untie her." Caleb says without hesitation. Sam unties me and Millie glares at me. "What?" I ask. "I'm going to be watching you very closely." She says. "Uh-huh..." I say. "Hey, can't we just get Jax to handle this?" Sam asks. I grab him by his collar and pull him from behind d the couch. Millie and Caleb aim their traquilizer guns at me. "He's dead, Eliza killed him because he was, quote and unquote, 'too annoying.' I say letting go of him. He takes in a big gulp of air. "I'm sorry." He says.

"Yeah, you should be." I say getting off the couch and walking to the kitchen. Millie keeps her gun out, still aimed at me. "You can put that away now, I'm safe...ish." I smile. She sights ans sticks it in her pocket. I take out the Cheerios from the cupboard and pour some in my bowl, then I get the milk from the refrigerator and pour that in my bowl as well. And that kids is how you make breakfast. The entire time, I felt eyes on my back. "It's two in the afternoon." Caleb informs me. "And?" I ask putting a spoonful of heaven into my mouth. "Look, we know that you've been through a lot-" He starts off. "No. You are just saying that because someone close to me died. I don't need your fucking pity." I growl. He shuts up. When I'm finished, I put the bowl in the sink and trudge back to the couch. I sit and cross my arms. "What's the plan?" I ask. They all stare at me astonished. "You need to rest and get your head to a safe place." Millie says. "Yeah, So then when I go up to Eliza and Owen I can hug them and comfort them as they continuously stab me. And for my last words, I'll tell them the code for Jax's house." I say sarcastically.

"Hold up, you have the code for his house?" Sam asks. "Yeah." I mutter. "Well can't we just-" Sam begins. "Sam, shut up." Millie says angrily. "But-" she glares at him. "No, no let him speak." I say. "Can't we just hide at his house? I mean Eliza knows where we live." Sam says. "Sam, her friend just died. I don't think that hiding at his house would be the best idea." Caleb says. "Actually, he has loads of weapons in his room and my room here is destroyed so..." I say. They all stare at me, except Sam who smiles. "You, Blair Quinn are absolutely crazy." Caleb says. "Well, it's a good thing I made my lab transportable." Millie says.

"I'm gonna start packing, I suggest you guys do the same." I say heading upstairs to my room. I open the door and half of the room is completely destroyed. There are pieces of wood and dust everywhere. I run over to my closet and thankfully it isn't in ruins. I open it and pull out all of my clothes that was brought over. I take out the duffel bag that was also stashed in there and pack my clothes and shoes in it then I take it out of my room and place it by the doorway. When I return downstairs I don't see anyone. They're probably packing. I get an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

It intensifies as I sit on the couch. The power goes off as my heart beats a mile per minute. Then the lights turn back on and Zack is stood in front of me. "What are you doing here?" I ask, my voice wavering slightly. He smirks. Oh no. "Are you scared, Quinn?" He asks taking slow steps towards me. I try to move, to run but my body just freezes. "Did Eliza let you go?" I ask. The power shuts off again and then it's back. Zack is sat beside me with an arm around my shoulders that is holding a gun. Eliza stands in front of me. "He agreed to work with me." She says. "Where are the others?" I ask. "You're not surprised." She observes. "Answer my question." I demand. She smirks. "They're tied up in the kitchen." She says. "You need to learn a lesson. I thought I taught it to you in that cell." She says taking a step towards me.

"You're so cold, Quinn." Zack says letting the butt of the gun press against my collar bone. I just keep glaring at Eliza. "It hurts doesn't it? When the one you love betrays you." She says. "Yeah, speaking about that-" Zack stops and raises his arm a bit then pulls the trigger. "I change my mind, you're not getting her head." He says as the bullet goes through Eliza's throat. She holds her bleeding throat with both hands with the looks of utter betrayal on her face. She collapses on the floor. Zack removes his arm from my shoulder and walks into the kitchen. He returns with a chopping knife. He walks up to Eliza ans kneels beside her. "Looks like I'm gonna have two heads." He says before chopping her head off. I just stare at it blankly.

My body is still frozen and warning bells go off in my head. He drops the knife on the floor and walks towards me again. "She told me everything that happened in that cell." He says. I don't reply. "How about we go back in time a little." He says taking out a pocket knife. My bottom lip quivers. He smiles. "It seems as if I've cracked your shell." He says moving a lock of hair behind my ear. To say I'm terrified is an understatement. His hand moves down to my shoulder and he digs his nails into my skin. "But no one wants a cracked shell.." he moves his head to my ear. "They all want to break it." He says stabbing me. "Eliza was good for one thing, she taught me how to break bones." He says twisting my wrist in an uneven angle. I hear the sickening sound of it breaking. "Such a satisfying sound." He says. He drags the knife up my torso and blood stains my clothes. I force myself not to cry. "I want to hear you speak." He says.

When I don't say anything he punches me. "SPEAK!" He yells. "Zack, p-please stop this." I sob. "I think those are my favorite words, but I won't stop it, it's fun." He says grabbing onto my throat. He tightens his hold on me and stares into my eyes. "So much fear, I love it." He whispers. I realise that the knife is still stuck in my torso and my hands are free. I can barley breathe and I have to do something fast. He's not going to turn back by himself and I'm not ready to die yet. "Zack, why are you hurting me?" I strain my voice to speak. "The answer is simple: I hate you." He says. I slowly reach my hand and pull out the knife then I waste no time and use the butt of the knife to hit him in his temple attempting to knock him out. Unfortunately he only stumbles a bit and his hands fly up to his head to ease the pain. Then he looks at me again and he anger in his eyes increases.

I jump off the couch and he goes to grab me and I kick him. That doesn't stop him and he gets a hold of my leg and drags my body off the couch. I grip onto the fabric with my life. "I was going to take it easy on you but I'm now regretting it." He growls out. He finally pulls me off the couch and my head hits the floor with a thud. He straddles me and holds my arms above my head so that I wouldn't move. He pulls the knife out of my hand and places it over my neck. "No one's going to save you now." He slices me and I feel the burn of my skin splitting. I see Eliza's head near my foot and get a crazy idea. I kick it and it flies in the air and hits Zack in the head. "What the f-" I use all my strength and flip him over, hold his wrists over his head and sit on him so that he doesn't move. Then I begin punching him and I don't stop until I know for sure that he's unconscious.

When I sure that he's unconscious, I roll get up, stumble over to the kitchen and lean on the island for support. I hastily pull the draw and get the kitchen scissors from it. When I locate Millie, Sam ans Caleb, I cut Millie free first because she was the closest. Then I slide down the wall and put my head in between my knees and rock back and forth. "Caleb, stay with her. Sam, let's go round these bastards up." I hear Millie say. I feel arms around me but I push them off. I raise my head from my knees. "Caleb, h-he-" I begin. "I know, I heard everything." He says pulling me into a hug. I start sobbing again. Caleb takes my broken wrist in his hand. "We need to fix this." He says. I push him away. "I can't stay here anymore." I say. "We'll go to Jax's." He says comforting me. We stayed like this until I finished cried, until I fell asleep.