Chapter 19

Blair's POV

"The last thing I saw was the knife sticking into Owen's chest." I say to Zack. We were still in the room where it all happened and I was laying on the bed with my head on Zack's lap. My dislocated shoulder needs to be fixed urgently. We haven't changed or anything so we're still covered in dry blood. Me especially. Zack looks at my shoulder. "I'm glad you're alive and we need to fix that." He says touching my shoulder. I hiss and pull it away adding more pain to it. I bite my lip trying not to focus on the pain I was feeling. "Yeahhh, someone  really needs to fix that." Zack points out pulling my lip from between my teeth. "I know that." I snap at him.
"You do know that you don't have to be so tough all the time." He says.
I roll my eyes. "Whatever. You've already seen me cry so it's time to be tough again." I say.
"Yeah but you aren't tough. You pretend to be." Zack says. I still. "Wow, Zack. Way to point that out." I say sarcastically. I move myself from his lap and head to the door. "I'm going to find Millie." I say. "Wait bu-" he starts. I slam the door.

I walk through the mansion and check every room until I find the last one. There were voices coming from the other side of the closed door. I lean my ear against it to hear better. "We need to get him out." Millie says. "We can't, you've already tried and you have to understand why he's like this." Sam tells her. "I do understand but it's for his own good. It's not healthy staying in that room for almost two days." Millie says. "Guys, we do need to get him out but he's grieving for his loved one, you have to let him be for a little while longer, just until he knows that she isn't coming back." Caleb says. They think I died. Wait....he loves me? I checked her pulse when we were in that room, I didn't feel anything." Millie says sniffling. Was I really dead? "Yeah, Blair was something." Caleb let's out a sad chuckle. "She actually believed in us, even when she didn't show it, we knew." Sam says. "And Zack will miss her most of all but he needs to get over it soon. It's not healthy. I've never seen him like this. Not even when his brother died." Millie says. I need to show them I'm not dead.

I twist the knob on the door but it happened to be locked. I knock on the door with my bruised knuckles which probably wasn't a good idea. "Ow." I wince. "Huh, all that talking made him come to his senses." Millie says, her voice getting closer. When she opens the door, she freezes and then faints. Sam and Caleb run over to see what happened and when they see me, Caleb's mouth is hanging down to his feet and Sam just stares. "H-" Caleb starts. "I honestly don't know. I just woke up and was covered in blood. Luckily I was in the medical room so I stitched myself up and waited for Zack. He talked to me and I heard him." I say smiling. "Wow." Sam breathes out. "Where is Zack now?" Caleb asks recovering from his shock. On cue, Zack runs up to me yelling my name. I sigh and turn around. "What?!" I snap at him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." He says. "Well then, how did you mean it?" I ask. My tone clipped. "I didn't- I mean-" he sighs. "You act tough but you still have feelings that can be hurt and I realise that I hurt your feelings and I shouldn't have said what I said back there." He finishes. "Caleb, I don't think it was God that brought her back..." Sam says rather too loudly. "Fine. I forgive you." I say. His smile spreads from ear to ear. "Thank you." He says. He sees Millie on the floor. "What happened to her?" He asks pointing at her. "She fainted because she didn't know that Blair was alive and Caleb and I didn't know either." Sam says. "I'll put her on her bed." He says scooping her up in his arms and carrying her up the stairs.

"You need to get that arm fixed." Caleb says grimacing at my very out of place shoulder. "I know." I sigh. "You also need to bathe, both of you." He says. I look at Zack and see that he is also covered in blood just as much as me.  Then my eyes meet his face. He has a smirk. "We can take a shower together, save water..." he says.  "Zack, no." I say walking past him. "Why not? It'll be fun." He continues. I look at Caleb and see him give me a dry look. I use my good hand and push Zack's head back causing him to stumble a bit. "I said no." I repeat.