Chapter 12

I just wanted to say to all my readers thank you for reading I can't believe that it's gotten over 600 reads so thank you guys and please remember to vote.

The darkness surrounded Alex when her eyes opened, but she knew she wasn't awake as her thoughts surrounded her, they shouted at her furthering her self-doubt, the pain in her head rang as every single nerve screamed out for relief. The memory of what had happened in the Alphas office was damaged from the fall, she remembered asking what he was looking for and then him asking something, but she couldn't quite remember what.

The screams had died down and all that was left was silence and darkness, but it didn't scare her it seemed to call to her pulling towards something. She stood up and walked towards the feeling, there was a low growl that came from behind her. Growling got louder until she could feel breath on her neck, there was no fear when she turned to face the thing that stood behind her. she came to face herself and a wolf, the wolf came to her chest it stopped growling once she bowed her head in submission. "You are an Alpha stop acting like a little girl, and take the responsibility you were born for" the wolf's voice came out strong Alexia wanted to run but she knew it would do no good.

"They don't want me as an Alpha, they'll end up dead I can't do that to them." Her mind replayed the memory in her head.

Memory

She stood there the blood covered her the taste lingered in her mouth looking around the packhouse searching for her next victim. A wolf charged at her wanting to tear her throat out, she just stood there waiting once it was close enough it collapsed on the floor bones broke with the mere thought of it. The wolf whined and whimpered, walking up to the wolf Alex's fangs lengthened and ripped out its throat. The blood pooled around the wolf until there was none left, she could hear footsteps walking towards her looking up she saw her father "Daddy what happened why did they attack us" he just walked towards her in a menacing manner, this didn't feel right there was a certain aura about him that felt like magic. Her breathing soon was cut off with a hand that wrapped around her throat.

"You did this to yourself half breed, now you will die" hot white pain ripped through her body as her bones began to break, soon the pain slowed as her shift was finished she clawed at his hand, and soon it was gone from her throat. once her paws hit the floor she went straight for his leg making the man fall to his knees, without a second thought she went for his throat, ripping it clean from its body. she watched as the blood left his body looking at his face one last time she realized it was a glamour, it wasn't her father.

Memory over

"I didn't kill my father, it wasn't him. I was trying to save them" she fell to the ground tears streaming down her face, as she realized what she had done. Her wolf surrounded her wrapping its body in a protective manner.

"Of course, you were trying to save them, what did you think that you killed them?" her vampire asked sitting in front of her wiping away her tears. "you are the most protective person anyone has ever known, you saved what was left of your pack." These thoughts washed over her, relief washed over her then anger. She felt tired curling up next to her wolf Alex fell asleep.

She gasped for air as she startled awake, the smell of the hospital invaded her senses. "Oh thank goddess your okay" Alec was by her side in an instant. His arms were around her waist protecting her, she looked at him noting that he had bags under her eyes.

"Are you okay you look like you haven't slept in days" she touched his face this seemed to calm him down.

"you've been out for more than a week and you're asking if I'm okay "he chuckled at her making her blush until she registered the first part of his sentence. She paled at the realization that she'd caused so many people to worry.

"A week I am so sorry you guys must have been..." Alec cut her off with a kiss she leaned into the kiss, just enjoying the feeling of having her mate close to her. "Okay, I get it no apologizing" she laughed knowing that he would just kiss her until she stopped. Not that she would mind, she snuggled closer to Alec enjoying his warmth. Dr. Michaels walked in and stared at me then Alec.

"You were meant to tell me when she woke up" he glared at Alec, this just made Alex's mad causing her to let out a threatening growl. "Sorry, Alex how are you feeling?" his apologies did little to stop her wolfs anger.

"I feel good just really hungry and not for normal food" Dr. Michaels walked out of the room she assumed to get her blood. Her mind raced about what she had learned when she was knocked out from her fall. She had tried to save her pack; how many had survived she wondered. The doctor came back in with a bottle full of blood, he handed it to her and left without a second glance. She slowly drank the blood and contemplated what she would do with the newfound information.

Alec signed the discharge papers and took Alex home knowing that she was in deep thought and needed to be left alone with her thoughts. Once they got to the house Alex went straight to the Alphas office wanting to give the Alpha her answer to his question. She knocked on the door and there was a come in from the other side. "hello Alpha, I have an answer for you" Dave looked up with a raised eyebrow. "I will be your next Alpha" and with that, she walked to her room needing to be alone.