Chapter 9

The shift at the bookstore went by quickly with stacking the shelves and talking to customers. Soon they were both heading home apparently the Alpha and Luna have asked them to join them for dinner, mainly so they could see how Alex was doing. The ride back wasn't as calm as it was the first time, as it wasn't just her on the drive back the sound of her mother's car overpowered the calming sound of her bike's engine. It only took them twenty-five minutes to get back to the packhouse, and the smell coming from the house told her that food was almost ready. Her stomach gave out an involuntary growl telling her she was hungry. She went straight to the dining room learning from last time not to interrupt Ash whilst she's cooking.

"Hi Alpha." She looked over noticing only four place settings meaning that Alec wouldn't be joining them, a twinge of disappointment went through her, but she soon brushed it off.

"Please Alex call me Dave calling me Alpha makes me feel old" she laughed at his statement. She took the seat opposite Dave knowing that it was just better to do as he says. "You gave us quite a scare there, you even had doc scared for a while something about you were too still." Ah, that's why her mother was worried.

"Sorry about that, but doc said everything was normal, why did he lie?" Dave turned a slight shade of red, telling her that he had told him not to until they spoke. "ah you told him not to, so Alec's not eating tonight?" she asked for some reason the Alpha looked at her with a look she didn't understand.

"No he hasn't come out of his room for a few days, he seemed to be worried about you which is a first I think my son is quite fond of you" a small smile sat on his face showing that he was happy with this development. Fond of her she thought, they had only known each other a week. Her thoughts were interrupted with her mother and Ash walking in with food making her stomach letting out another growl, everyone laughed causing her to go slightly red.

Ash had made lasagna and garlic bread; it took no time at all for Alex to clear her plate seeing as she hadn't eaten in a week. "So, Alex how are you feeling, you seem more comfortable now."

"I feel great honestly, I don't feel like I'm missing something anymore." A small smile played on Alex's lips.

"is that a smile I see on my daughter's lips, someone please pinch me I need to know if I'm dreaming" she chuckled at her mother's statement and playfully pushed her arm.

"Oh, shut up its not a big deal mom" even though she knew it was she hadn't smiled properly in years.

"not a big deal my ass" she just ignored her mother and helped herself to a second helping of the lasagna. The conversation at the table turned to what Alex wanted to do now that she was a full hybrid.

"Well I would love to start training as soon as possible, being stuck in the house drives me crazy" she stated even though she could do all the reading she wanted, she needed to train her wolf was restless from the week-long sleep she'd had.

"well that can be arranged, you'll need to report to the trainer he'll be more than happy to have a new face and hopefully you can be Cole and Michael they are driving him insane by sending people to the pack hospital" she chuckled at the thought of kicking the boys asses at something other than call of duty.

"Well just as a warning I can guarantee that one if not all three of us will be in the hospital, I won't back down from a fight." The Alpha laughed at what he thought was enthusiasm, Alex, however, was deadly serious, the last werewolf she got into a fight with had been in the hospital for a month due to massive internal bleeding and being in a coma.

"yes, well Alex has quite the temper that she struggles to keep under control" Dave stopped laughing once he realized she was being serious. His face visibly paled at the number thoughts including the number of people that would be in the hospital the next day.