Chapter 10

The day consisted of the two going in and out of stores and Alec buying anything that Alex liked even though she protested constantly. After the tenth store Alex forced him to go to his car so he would stop buying her things, she wandered aimlessly until she stumbled on a small bistro. Alec came running up behind her and grabbed her waist "Someone hungry?" he asked she wanted to say no but her stomach betrayed her by growling, "I'm taking that as a yes, come on" he pulled her by her arm as they walked through the door they were greeted by a male waiter.

His attention was solely focused on Alex "table for one?" he asked, causing Alec to let out a low growl causing him to shiver in fear slightly.

"um, no a table for me and my boyfriend please he said hooking her arms around Alec's waist, the waiter looked disapprovingly towards her arms around his waist. "excuse me can you stop glaring at my ma-boyfriend and do your job." She didn't raise her voice or change her tone but her wolf was rising to the surface and shaking out her fur ready to put the human in his place. The waiter scoffed and directed them to their seats.

"you didn't have to do that." He stated not liking how she was the one to stand up for him instead of the other way around.

"Oh shut up, we're in the twenty-first century not the medieval times I have as much right to defend you as you do me, and anyway he was disrespecting me by looking at me as though I'm a piece of meat." Alec hadn't thought of it that way but then again Alphas were very protective of their mates, so this behavior is normal. "and don't go blaming my wolf I just hate males who think they can have any woman they want" she stated this knocked his ego down a few notches but made him happy knowing that she wasn't interested in the waiter.

A new waiter brought them their menus, much to Alec's relief it was a female however she didn't spare him a second glance instead was stood drooling over Alex this just made him chuckle "is there anything I can get you madam" the waitress spoke with lust lacing her every word causing Alec to growl for the second time today, the waitress, however, was unphased.

"sure, can I have a refillable coffee, thanks sweet" Alex sent a wink the way of the waitress, blushing she left in a rush without taking Alec's order.

"Can you not flirt with people who openly gawk at you?" he said coming out more like a question than a statement Alex's eyes danced with playful desire.

"no, not really why someone jealous?" she asked, she knew she was winding him up but so was the waitress except she was trying to piss off her coworker who had been rude when we entered.

"Now that you mention it just a little your mine and yet you let people flirt with you." He was turning red with rage it amused her and turned her on slightly.

"well for your information, it's harmless flirting and the only reason she's doing it is that she's trying to piss off her coworker the one who was rude when we walked in." slowly Alec's rage disappeared and a small smirk crept on his face. The waitress came back with the coffee she'd asked for and a strawberry milkshake for Alec, he stared at it confused on how she knew but he wasn't complaining.

"your finger was on the strawberry milkshake that's how I knew," the waitress said before taking their food orders.

"can I have the Steak, with loaded sweet potato fries and a small portion of broccoli. The steak to be done rare please" Alex ordered; the waitress seemed to approve of her order.

"can I have the same just no to the broccoli" Alec couldn't stand it. It was a small tree and that creeped him out too much to get his head around.

"Okay, I'll be back with your orders" she winked in Alex's direction, Alex just smiled knowing that It was annoying Alec.

"You are so strange how can you eat broccoli?" he asked he shuddered implying it was the most horrid thing ever, this made her laugh a vampire was scared of broccoli.

"Aww is the big bad vampire scared of his vegetables?" she teased he just growled at her not enjoying the way she was teasing him.

"No, I just can't stand broccoli it's like eating a small tree its weird." She just laughed at his response, Alec huffed and folded his arms she didn't even need to look up to know he was pouting.

"Aww, poor baby so scared of the big bad broccoli" Alex couldn't help it she burst into full-blown hysterical laughter. Alec just slumped into further into the booth and ignored her teasing. Much to Alec's approval, the waitress came with their food, but his good mood disappeared when he saw what was on Alex's napkin. A number he couldn't see the rest of the message because Alex was putting it in her pocket, a small pang of disappointment went through his chest. "She's just looking for a friend you moron it says 'text me when you need a girls night' in girl talk when I need to bitch about you" it was Alex's turn to smirk because she knew he had jumped to conclusions.

The food that she'd ordered was almost gone when her phone buzzed it was her mother asking where she was because she hadn't seen her, texting her a response she ate the rest of her food and enjoying the sight of Alec grumbling to himself about jumping to conclusions.

Once they had finished their food Alex paid and gave the waitress her number on the tip slip, and the waiter who had seated them looked annoyed. They walked their way back to the Bentley, with their hands intertwined the walk was calm and peaceful and for once Alex's head was quiet and free of worry. Once they got into the car Alex hooked up her new phone to the car and started playing My Chemical Romance through the speakers. The ride back to the house was much more enjoyable as a calm atmosphere set over them.

Pulling up to the house they each grabbed bags from the car taking them up to her room, once the car was unloaded, she grabbed Alec's shirt pulling him towards her she kissed him. There was no hesitation in the kiss as he kissed her back with equal passion, but the kiss was short-lived as she pulled away. "what was that for?" he asked his voice no more than a whisper from the kiss.

"For today, and not rejecting me" she spoke softly and pecked him on the cheek. He watched as she walked out of her room and downstairs, Alec, however, needed a cold shower.

Walking downstairs Alex noticed that her mother and Ash were sat in the sitting room, "Hey, guys how's your day been?" she asked wanting to know what her mother had been up to all day knowing she wasn't in the bookstore.

"Me and Ash just had a good catch up, a little bit of gossip do you want to hear some news about our old pack its really interesting" Alex just shrugged what could be so interesting. "Well it was Matts Alpha ceremony yesterday they moved it up by a week, well when It came to the Luna ceremony it got out that she wasn't his true mate  and half of his pack just upped and left mid-ceremony." Alex burst out laughing for the second time today, with the image of a furious Vivian and a disappointed Matt.

"You were right mom that is a good bit of gossip, but do you know why they moved it up by a week?" she asked curious as to why the oh so organized Vivian moved up her sons Alpha ceremony.

"Well, apparently he was really weak because his real mate rejected him after being captured by rouges and the fact that he went into a week-long coma when you transitioned into your hybrid state they fell for the plan, of course, I feel bad for gerald its not easy to lie to your Alpha " she looked away thinking about her ex-mate in pain made the sadistic side of her smile.

"Good now he knows how it feels to be hurt by someone, I'm curious do they think I'm dead? Her mother just nodded that was the only thing she needed to hear. She started walking out of the sitting room "oh by the way me and Alec are mates" using her vampire speed she got to her room and locked the door knowing that they would have too many questions that she didn't want to answer just yet. Soon enough there was pounding on her door, she knew she had to talk to them soon but right now she wanted a bath.